• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help needed by native speaking freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
jvoets said:
I'm trying to translate a bunch of words and sentences in several languages for my freedivingspots.net website. I'm hoping that offering it in several languages will open it up to a broader freediving public.

If any native speaker of german, french, spanish or any language but english and dutch would like to help out, that would be GREATLY appreciated.

excellent initiative : I suggest that you should participate in following discussion : http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=60963&page=1

as a first example ASPETTO = AGACHON in French....

spiros said:
If you ever need a Greek native speaker-Im your man!

Proton oukh o kosmos alla to chaos en

Kai tou khaou Ouranos esti protos

Aei men oun en kai aei estai

Epitome Historiae Graeciae

subaquaticus said:
Proton oukh o kosmos alla to chaos en

Kai tou khaou Ouranos esti protos

Aei men oun en kai aei estai

Epitome Historiae Graeciae

...Is this a yes?

Hi Spiros

A greek translation of freedivingspots.net would be more than welcome
there are a lot of freedivers / spearfishermen in greece, so it would certainly make the site more accessible to a greater public

This page: http://www.freedivingspots.net/translate.html tells you what needs to be done in order to translate the site.

I'de greatly appreciate it if you could provide a greek translation!

regards
jaap

glennv said:
Hoi Jaap,

Ik spreek vloeiend Portugees maar mijn vriendin Patricia komt uit Brasilie en als zij over 2 weken terugkomt zal ik haar vragen de Portugese vertaling voor je te doen. Dan is het zeker goed.
Help me even herinneren tegen die tijd met een pm.

Groetjes Glenn.

....Brazilie........ :)

Maybe it would be easiest to just develop an new freediving langue all together, common to all freedivers. With all to lingo, it sounds like a foreing language to any non-freediver anyway, even in their native tongue. Kind of like esperanto?

Come on, who's up to the task? I'll give you some karma.

Anywho, to the original question, I can also help you with Finnish, if you need it...

jvoets said:
If at least the interface is in someones native language, that would lower the threshold to participate.

"lower the threshold to participate" is really the keyword...

Last edited:
An Italian translation is still high on my wishlist too.
So if anyone would like to pick that up.... great!

Hey Jome

you're not alone anymore - I'd help you build a freediving language of it's own. my native language is swiss-german, which is just about as hard to learn for anybody else as the finnish language :) so creating a swiss-finnish mix wouldn't be a real option.. :( what do you think? where to start?

maybe somebody from Friesland could also do a translation from the dutch version!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT