• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help - Scuba in Cuba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

renemarcsamson

Jan 23, 2002
Dear Ladies and Gents

Are there anyone out there who have been diving in Cuba?

Any info on what's hot and what's not both on land and underwater will be greatly appreciated

We are planning to go there next summer (or maybe march/april).

:p Cheers

Hi,

I'm planning to go this March. A group of freinds went last winter to Veradero and had a great time on land but were not thrilled with the diving. I have heard that Santiago de Cuba or Cayo Coco / Guillermo is good both above and below the water. the ultimate diving is supposedly at Isla de Juvidad (Isle of Youth), but I hear the topside is pretty drab.

We are looking at Cayo Coco. I'm married with 2 kids and I want to have my diving and stay marrried so a balanced vacation is what I'm after.

I have not been able to find many forums on cuba, did you get anything else?

sponge bob

scuba in cuba

Hi
I have recenty returned from a trip to Cuba - we dove in the Jardines de la Reina - an archipeligo of atols and islets to the SE of the island.

The topology was very similar to that of the Caymans - hardly surprising as these islands are equidistant between Cuba and Cayman Brac. Beautiful hard and soft coral gardens, warm/clear water - except when it was very windy, huge barrel sponges and lots of the usual fish life. We dove at several sites where we saw lots of Caribbean Reef Sharks - although they were hanging around hoping to be fed (which we didn't). Overall very easy diving whilst we there and very enjoyable.

We stayed on the Tortuga - a floating hotel and took a small boat out to the dive sites each day. The accommodation was similar to that on a live-aboard and the service/food etc was very good. As in most of Cuba the selection of food available is limited and after a week of fish (and nothing but) have not been able to face it again for a wile.:p

Cuba also

Hi Everyone

I am also trying to find information on the best dive sites, above and below the water in Cuba. 15 members of our local dive club are planing a trip over from Australia in October 2003, we are all experienced divers looking for good wrecks and interesting dives.
Liveaboard will be the order of the day for at least a week with another week on shore. I have been looking on the web but having trouble finding specific information on dive sites, it is mostly " we had a great dive in Cuba" we would like some more details to give to our travel agent.
Hope someone can help.

Happy diving
:confused:

Diver doing an article

I hear on the grapevine that Diver is doing an article in the next couple of moths. Gavin Parsons went over there, so it should be a worthwhile read

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT