• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help with fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Duits89

Dec 11, 2008
I have asked all over and got a bunch of different answers so I thought I would ask you guys. I am looking at buying Cressi 3000 LD fins and am wondering what size to buy. I wear a size 10 US shoe. 44/45? or do I need larger ones to account for socks?

Last edited:
US size 10 is 43 euro.....44/45 should be good , but the best is to try before you buy

I'm a 10.5 and bought one size up (the 11/12 or 12/13 I forget how they do it). Anyway the footpocket was way too big even with a 3mm or even 5mm sock. I returned them to leisurepro.com (great prices if you are still looking around) and they sent back the the smaller size the 10/11. I wear a 3mm sock and they fit perfectly. I would suggest going with the regular size, but if you have a wide foot I would suggest going with a different fin.

get a pair of neopren socks with u [3mm], go to the store and try the fins...

Thanks for the help. I'll try the 10/11. Where I live there are no shops for freediving, just a small scuba store that doesn't have anything.

Thanks for the help. I'll try the 10/11. Where I live there are no shops for freediving, just a small scuba store that doesn't have anything.

The plight of many of us. When I went looking for freedive fins the only pair I could try on was a riffe silent hunter with the open heel. The dive shop pro told me that open heel/closed heel wouldn't make a difference. Thankfully I didn't take his advice. Deeperblue is a valuable resource.

My first pair of freedive fins were Cressis (Gara 2000HF). Cressi's are more narrow than sporasub/picasso/omer style footpockets. Not that they are for narrow feet, but I would go so far as to say they are not for fat feet.

I wear a size 7/7.5 US. I used 40/41 fins. I could wear them with a 3mm sock. A 5mm sock was too much. 1-2mm was the most comfortable. You don't need a thick sock with Cressis - the pocket is very soft.

This comes up a lot. First let me qualify my opinions. Nothing that I have fits the way it came. Shotgun, speargun, sunglasses, fins, you name it and I'll make it fit a little better. If a fin is too small, you can always split the pocket and add shoe laces but most European foot ware is already a little narrow, more better to wear it barefoot and the sock on the outside. If the fin is too large you can glue more neoprene on the top of the sock or get some material from a shoemaker and "Goo" it into the bottom of the pocket. That will also work if the heel 'strap' is too high and add blade angle and stiffen the pocket/fin.
IMHO.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT