• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marko

Aug 17, 2002
hi!
Im new to this sport.I started diving a week ago. My dry static is 3:00 ,but under water I can hardly stay about 30 sec. Can anybody tell me why this happens.

:waterwork

30 seconds in the water, is this staying still or actually moving? If you're moving then it's simple enough, your muscles using up oxygen as you swim. If it's static, then I dunno :p

Just keep trying! Read through any previous threads in here that look like they might be of use to you, and anything else you need to know, just ask. Everyone's friendly, helpful, and insane.

Also, enjoy the sport, and welcome to DeeperBlue!

Matt

It is about 30 sec when Im moving,but isnt that to big diference 3 min and 30 sec.

Thanks for the welcome and the answer.:D

You might just need to practice. Not actually timed myself holding whilst swimming, but I do 33m (one length of the pool I use). Also look through the threads here about doing exercise whilst holding your breath, I believe this can build up your tolerance to the carbon dioxide if you do it regularly. Occasionally I just hold my breath when I'm walking around the house. But obviously don't try doing apnea cycling, there's a few obvious dangers there. Another one is apnea weightlifting, but be careful there as there is the possibility of a blackout, and you could end up dropping the weights onto your feet or something.

As I said before, just look through the threads here, and you might be able to find some useful ideas, and keep practicising. Your times could increase as you practice.

Good luck,
Matt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT