• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TRITON

THere Are NO limits!!!
Jun 12, 2002
I have C4 Falcon 80 with Sporasub footpockets.
I have a problem with the part of the footpocket that attaches to the blade.
It falls off after some time of kicking.I posted a thread where I explaned
this problem and the majority said that glue is the solution to my problem.
Now again I have a problem because i glued my fins ,but after some time
the same thing happened.So my question is what type of glue should I use
,or should I use silicone?

Again I'll say use silicone: bathtub caulking works fine, and can be stripped if you ever want to change the blades.
Cheers and good luck,
Erik Y.

Hi,
use silicone. Here is a how-to: http://www.heki.de/C4-Anleitung deutsch.pdf . Unfortunately it's in German, but the pics show what you have to do.
I did it a little bit different, though: I filled the rim of the footpockets with silicone, but the blade in and removed the silicone that was too much with my finger (don't forget to use soap water as a lube *g*) . Worked fine.
It is important that you fix the screws _before: butting the rims on the blades.
Veronika

Ok...........I'll definitely use silicone.But there are many kinds of silicone :
for bathrooms ,aquariums,for windows.......
Which particular one did you use?

I guess any of these is fine. They stick, the rest is probably unimportant. I took a black one for bathrooms, I think.
Veronika

hi

i also use 80's and sporasub pockets and i glued the blades with black silicon. i dived a lot the last year and never experienced any problems. i do check the blades regularly because the bond is not super tight (like real glue) but no problems so far.

cheers

roland

hi!
does the silicone come off the rubber easily when you decide to change blades again?
thanks
primoz

yes, it does. you just spend a bit of time peeling all the bits of and getting them out of that t-shaped groove of the footpocket (whateva that is called).

roland

Thanks for your advice Veronika,Immerlustig,Erik.....
I've glued my fins with black silicone and it works so far .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT