• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Herbert Nitsch - new Dynamic World Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MaxDream

Nov 17, 2002
Hi,

I just want to let you know that yesterday (2002-11-16) Herbert Nitsch set a new world record in dynamic apnea with fins. He achieved a distance of 183m in 2'01'' during the 5th German Night Apnea (open competition in Berlin, Germany). That is 2m more than his old record. The record has not yet been officially recognized because Herbert still has to pass a doping test. So right now it's still unofficial.

Herbert won the competition with:
6'20'' static
183m dynamic
15'25'' 16x50m

I made 2nd place with:
6'17'' static
155m dynamic
15'29'' 16x50m

3rd place went to Peter Peterson from Denmark:
5'03'' static
165m dynamic
13'58'' 16x50m

4th place went to Stig Severinson from Denmark:
6'11'' static
164m dynamic
17'??'' 16x50m

Official results will be released soon on the homepage of AIDA-Germany (www.aida-deutschland.de).

-Dominique Ventzke
(MaxDream)

Herbert's tha man!
Congrats to you too. Your numbers are pretty impressive!!

Congrats Max.

Second to Herbert is almost like being the first.

say, what are those figures -15'25'' 16x50m mean?
Did you and Herbert use bi-fins or a mono? were both allowd?

16x50m

16x50m = 16 consecutive 50m dynamics as fast as possible

The fastest I've heard is around 13'00.

How did they score your points for the 16x50m?

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

16x50m

I think the scoring used for 16x50m is 50 points for 20'. Then they use some kind of math formular to calculate the points for the results less than 20' and more than 20'.

Here is a link to the results from last year's competition (4th German Night of Apnea):
http://www.aida-deutschland.de/wettkampf/bm022001/ber1101e.htm

There you can compare the resulting times with the resulting points. Maybe you can figure out the math formular this way.

The fastest in a competition I've heard was Jens Berger last year with 13'36''.

I know that Jean-Michel Pradon is very fast, too.

Who has done it in about 13'00''?

-maxdream

Mono or Bi-Fins

To answer the question of DeepThought:
All of the mentioned top 4 athletes used a monofin.
But there were also a few athletes who used bifins, thus both were allowed.

-maxdream

800 meter of dynamics in 13 mins??
Not baaaad. :cool:
hmmm I guess that you can breath in between the laps as much as you like? otherwise it sounds even more superhuman...

yes, you can breath as much as you like between the laps but the time keeps on running so actually you breath just as much as you need to recover to do another 50m.

good divers take a rythm of 60'' or less per lap.

it's definitly no fun if you try to do it as fast as you can but it's good training.

-maxdream

On behalf of both Juan and Juan, congratulations Herbert...
Hope see you soon again.

a question for Max Dream

Congratulations, I am stunned with your result
I am diving for 2 and a half years now, relativly recreationaly.
Anyway i am in the pool 3 times a week, following my own training program.
My PB s are: 75 m no fin dynamic
110 m bi fin dynamic
04:55 wet apnea
I never used a mono fin, and i wonder how much length could i get with good technique using a mono fin?
And i was wandering if you could share with me or us on the deeperblue forums some facts about your training program, if that is not classified, of course :)
Thank you very much!

Mario

dynamic training

Well, in winter I train for about 3-5 time per week but 1-2 of these training units I use for static training. About once a week I try to do a dynamic maximum dive which is usually 140-150m. I have not done more for a long time during training. I do not warm up in water before doing a maximum but I prepare with some stretching to warm up the muscles. During the rest of my training time or in the other training units I do a few 100m-dives (about 3-4) or a couple of 50m-dive fast like in the 16x50m disciplin but I usually do just 8 because I hate to agonize myself too much.

That is what has worked out for me so far but freediving is a very individual sport. Everybody has to find his or her own training methods. Thus, it is useful to try out as much as you can possibly imagine what you think could work out fine for you to finally find your personal best working training method. In freediving there is no golden training path to follow that works for everyone.

One of the strangest dynamic training methods is the one of Herbert. He does not train dynamic itself. He prepares for a dynamic world record with static training and working out on his static bike (I do not know if that is the correct name for it but I hope you know what kind of device I mean). That is enough for him to go for a record. I wonder what he would be able to do if he started to train dynamic in water.

-maxdream

Thanks for the tips, i ll use them Wisely :)
Stay sharp, hope seeing you breaking some records soon!!

Mario

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT