• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Here at last!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Geoff

Apr 15, 2007
Hi everyone, Just to say hello as I,m new to your site. I,m taking delivery of a Seacsub ASSO 135 pnuematic speargun next week,so if anyone needs any info on it, I,ll be happy to oblige. I live in Spain at the moment,(Girona).

Hi everyone, Just to say hello as I,m new to your site. I,m taking delivery of a Seacsub ASSO 135 pnuematic speargun next week,so if anyone needs any info on it, I,ll be happy to oblige. I live in Spain at the moment,(Girona).

Hey Geoff

there are a few people who post here that live in Girona. Adrian lives near L'Escala, i think jonny and fflupo as well (thereabouts).

Benvingut a DB!

Thank,s for the info,it would be good to talk to someone in my area,Adrian is about an hours drive from me,(but only 15 mins if I could get my car to reach 200 MPH!............Geoff.

That is one BIG gun mate! what you going to hunt with a weapon like that?

Hi Foxfish,Yes, it is a big-un,but I,m so P..... off with the big fish, (2/3 kilos) looking at me from about 3 Mtrs & then, when I take aim,shooting off!, that I decided to change my technique.Instead of meeting them at "eye-line",I,m going to hover above them, on the surface, & shoot straight down on them,(I found that they can,t see above them nearly as good as they can around them),but to do this, I need a powerfull gun, with a heavy shaft, to take advantage of it,s downward momentum...Geoff.

Last edited:
Hmm sounds OKish but a 135 is a nightmare to load, you could of got the same power from a 100 if you fitted a mamba kit.

The problem with a "Mamba kit" is, expence.Also, (As I understand it),the point of this "kit" is to have the same "power" as the standard gun, but using lower pressure,as you are loading the shaft into a "Dry" barrel, eliminating the "water resistance", (Which slow,s down the "piston" quite a lot).But,if you use the same pressure "with" this kit,( it,s max of say, 20 bar, or,in the case of a Mares Cyrano,30 bar), as you have no "water resistance", to slow & cushion the "piston",you will severely damage the gun,(I,ts the same as fireing the gun out of the water).I,d rather spend this extra amount on a two/three band gun, but I just dont have the money,(work & pay is very low here). Incidentally, I,ve tried to research this "kit" but just can,t seem to find any "info" on it, can you, or anybody else tell me where to look.Thank,s for your time foxfish,.... Geoff.

Last edited:
Hey man welcome to DB, goodluck and enjoy your bazooka :)
Let us know how you get on with the gun and the fish, some pics of fish and gun will be much apreciated :friday

Hi deep thinker, thank,s for the wellcome.Yes I will,but, (& I,m not thick) I dont now how to post any "Photo.s" on this site.Prehap,s you, (or anyone else)could explain.

When posting a reply, on the top toolbar in the text box, where you have text type and colour, theres a smiley icon, next to that theres a paperclip icon. Click on the paperclip and wait for the window to pop up. From here you can browse your pc and choose the images, when you have all you images you want, click upload. Then back in your reply text box click on the paperclip again and go to insert all... Or in the additional options window below text window go to manage attachments from here its the same story

Geoff, think again regarding a mamba air gun. There is little compassion between firing a standard air gun & a mamba kitted one! There is a huge power increase & a dramatic drop in recoil. My Asso 115 is pumped to 24atm & my 90s 25atm.
I guess you could reduce the pressure for the same power? That never crossed my mind though!

Thanks for the info, deep thinker.As soon as I have something I wiil post it.
foxfish,This "Mamba kit" sound,s interesting, but, as I said on my previous post,I cant find any info on it.Regard,s to you both,..Geoff

Geoff there are dozens of pages on db written about mambas, there is a search button at the top of the page. Try looking under pneumatic spear guns or just mamba.
Here is the official site Maorisub - Fucili ad aria e Kit

foxfish,Yes, after writeing to you,I tried again,I found the Maorissub site,the translation,(from Italian) is Diabolical!.You would think that a co.,going to the trouble,(& expence) of getting a web site, would get a professional co. to do this.It deos,nt give a person a lot of confidence in them.Still,after reading what you & other people have said, regarding this conversion,I am thinking it might be for me.Bye the bye, I may not be getting the Asso afterall,the agent has told me she cant get an answer, (to order it) from Seac Sub. Thanks for your time...Geoff.

Geoff, I could not agree more regarding the Maorisub site, it is very difficult to navigate but that is nothing compared to tyring to make an order!!
They are obviously selling guns as mambas are known throughout the world (I think they at least owe me a pat on the back) so you think they would upgrade their site?
Well if you haven't actually brought a gun I would suggest you seriously look in to buying a mambarised Asso 115. That gun will offer you plenty of power & is just about manageable to load in the water.
It not the actual pressure but the total length that makes long airguns difficult to load.

http://forums.deeperblue.net/hunting-equipment/71388-what-kind-power-135cm-airgun.html

Last edited:
Thank,s for the link,foxfish,I was wondering wether just to buy a "mamba" gun,as opposed to converting another make with the "kit". I have a chance to buy a "Cyrano" 970 for about 80 pounds,it,s brand new, never been used, but I,m thinking that a "perpose built" gun,like the "Mamba", might be a better propersition,(a conversion is never as good as the real thing), or am I wrong, in this case?.your advice is very much appreciated.......Geoff. p.s. I am 6ft, 110Kg, & quite muscular,& fit ,of above average strength.

Last edited:
It may well be a easier proposition to buy a ready kitted mamba gun however you can fit a kit to most makes of air gun. Maorisub can supply a 115 mamba kitted gun, pressure gauge & 7mm spear for about £200.00.
Loading these weapons is about commitment & technique not brute strength.
Sorry Geoff something wrong with that pic - you can find it here anyhow. http://forums.deeperblue.net/pnumatic-spearguns/70139-new-seac-sub-asso-tips-please.html

Attachments

• P1020650(1).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT