• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Here it is...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bad Fugu

Feb 12, 2003
1 of 2...:cool:

Attachments

• speargun.jpg
    speargun.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 488
Muzzle stabilizer and 5/8" bands...

Attachments

• bands and muzzle stabilizer.jpg
    bands and muzzle stabilizer.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 458
Geee, that is AWESOME piece of work !!! Is that a Kitto ?
What's ur effective range on this piece of sweet looking hardware..?:p :p

Thats truely an exquisite piece of woodwork, but after shooting euro guns for a while, gotta ask, how in the world do you swing it to track a fish? Is there a special bracket for a bow thruster?:D
Nice rifle, BTW
Jay

OOOOOOHH! I likes whats I sees! Weapons, weapons and more weapons. It's like being a kid in a toy store. The first gun, are there two holes for bands? If so, what is the rationale behind it? Who made these?

Brad :martial

The guns are off of Alexander plans, with a Kitto type Delrin enclosed track. The trigger, handle, etc.. are all Alexander.
One band slot. The stocks are laminated Burmese Teak, using West System Epoxy. The Delrin rod and trigger mechanism are also bedded in with epoxy.
They're finished with three coats of West System special coatings epoxy, rubbed out between coats, and then six coats of Epifanes gloss spar varnish, also rubbed out between coats. The last coat is then rubbed out with 0000 steel wool and Mother's car wax.

I'm getting a slip tip this weekend, and I'll be ready for the rain to stop.:confused:

Oh - I made them myself...:D

Reactions: Amphibious
It's a pretty piece of wood , but again ; just how do you track with it ? :confused:
Hell , and I used to moan about tracking with two bands on my railgun ...:hmm

I don't about tracking on this long size even for a mid-handle. But at 124cm my #2 rear handle Riffe does not track as sweet as my false mid handle MT3 at 127cm with all the high resistance wings and so on. Mid handle design does have a clear tracking advantage even if the gun is heavy, over rear handle guns.....trust me.:D Of course test it in water.....;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT