• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hey everyone new here and got some questions.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

murdaINC

Apr 6, 2004
Hi everyone my name is Adam im 20yrs old and I was born and raised in Hawaii. Naturally diveing and fishing is one of my favorite activities. Ive been free diving since I was 15 but never seriously. Kmart fins and a 7ft pole spear mostly to catch bait for fishing but ocaisonally for food(espically lobsters at night:D). Recently I got a good deal on Omer Millennium fins with the Riffe Pez Fuerte blades. I decided to get seriously into freediving now. Used them yesterday but forgot my finsocks so they tore up the back or my ankle pretty bad. Today my Riffe C3-X came in and im stoked. I want to go dive so badly. Well anyways I was just wondering if any of you guys have any of the same equipment I have and your experiences and opinions of it. Thanks alot in advance and I must say that Im glad I stumbled on this site cause I was looking through it and it seems like theres a lot of good info and knowledgeable people here.

Did you get the fins from the Maui Sporting Goods sale?

I have the same problem with the OMER pockets. That tab in the back rubs even with my socks/booties on. I cut it off & rounded it a bit in the back.

That's a good gun, just try not to overpower it. Remember that accuracy is a lot nicer than distance. If you can't get close enough to the fish, then work on your stalking skills ;)

Laters man, welcome to the boards!

Hi Adam,

That sounds a lot like some of the gear I'm using. I think you'll be real happy with that gun. I have a Riffe Competitor #3XS that I added a Hawaiian shaft to, effectively making it a #3X, and a third band. Of the three Riffes I have this one is my favorite, but I have found shooting with two hands, free hand on the butt, bluewater style, greatly reduces the recoil and improves accuracy. Another thing I found out the hard way is when shooting with one hand, to make sure the elbow and wrist of my shooting hand are locked out before firing to keep from catching the butt of the gun right in the teeth.:blackeye

I had a pair of Riffe Silent Hunter's (O.ME.R. Milleniums) that #1 (11 yr. old son) is now using since I decided I wanted a stiffer fin and got a pair of O.ME.R. BAT 40's. What I did to help keep the fin pocket from chaffing around my ankles is to wear a pair of short cotton athletic socks under the fins. The foot pockets will soften with use. Your Pez Fuerte's are equivalent to the O.ME.R Millenium Comps. One thing I have found with these bright blue fins is that if I hang vertically on the surface and stay real still for a short time the sea snakes will swim over to investigate my fins. They're pretty interesting to watch. I'm sure it must be the color that interests them. They swim off as soon as I start moving again.:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT