• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi and greetings from the UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pittnuma

Oct 18, 2005
Hi all,

Being my first post I thought I would take the opportunity to say Hi :) to all.

I am a novice diver 30 years old, just completing my O/W with my Advanced booked to take shortly after. Also have booked my first trip out to Farne Islands once I have completed my courses.

Did a number of dives with an instructor a few years ago in Malta and wanted to take it up as a pass time, unfortunately I crushed my spine a few months after and was out of action for 3 years during surgery and recovery. Now back to as fit as I am ever going to be so have taken the opportunity to do what I intended and start diving. Loving every minute of it.

Once done and with a number of dives under my belt I intend to do wreck diving as I have an extreme fascination with WW2 U-boats and would dearly love to dive a few.

Regards

Darren

Hey Darren :)
Crushed spine sounds a real bummer! I had some severe chest injuries earlier this year and it will not stop me fom doing what I like to do, within reason; speak to your Doc and get his go ahead first, then live your dreams, you only get one chance ;)

Hi Darren
Welcome, Hows the old Square, still got all those pubs there? Swan? Hornblower :ko ?Bull? and my alltime favourite The one eyed Rat? :friday . i lived in Ripon on and off for a couple of years, Small cottage, towards Fountains Abbey, Turn Right and about a mile Behind the Army Camp.forgot the road names, it was in 87-89. anyway Look after that back of yours and Happy Diving.

Aye pubs are as terrible as ever, full of teenagers trying to get into a fight for any reason they can. It's starting to get a bit nasty on occassions, shame.

Hows Cyprus? lived out there myself in the late 70's :) Father was in the RAF

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT