• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi everyone!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
J

Jack D.

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm relatively new to freediving so will be a sucker for new information before I can contribute something meaningful myself. Count on your patience and goodwill. I'm off to Cuba in two months. Is there any opportunity to try freediving there as the courses in London are a way over my budget at the moment?
Cheers.

Welcome to the forums! Please feel free to dive right in :D The 'Find a Buddy and Places to Dive' forum would be an excellent place to find info on your dive locations and someone to go with you. People don't always check this forum and answer questions like yours, so that'd be a good place to start looking.

Also, in your quest for knowledge, feel free to use the 'search' function and to browse the threads. Lots of people on this forum are quite experienced and have posted on a myriad of topics. At the same time, lots are inexperienced and have posted a myriad of questions, which the more experienced members have answered :D Again, welcome, enjoy your stay, and learn lots!

Welcome , great to see yet another member from the UK ,you will find the forum very useful , and plenty of laughs to be had here!!

Laughs? We don't laugh here! Are you local?

the_league_of_gentlemen_PU.jpg

Thanks a lot for the welcome. Actually, although I've lived in the UK for 15 years now I’m polish – like almost half of London at the moment, or so it seems. I caught a glimpse of freediving/spearfishing when on holiday in Crete two years ago when I saw a local disappearing into the blue with a harpoon. Tried to imitate but with my level of diving skills it was a form of self abuse with nose bleed and earache to follow. Still the unforgettable impression stayed and here I’m learning Frenzel and doing O2 and CO2 tables I’ve found on the forum and looking forward to my next encounter with the sea. I’m very grateful for all the knowledge your share with new people like me. A great site!!!

Cuba has some seriously good freediving, although it might be hard to get close to. Castro was an avid diver, pretty sure he was a freediver/spearo, so you should find a reasonable knowledge base among Cubans.

Good luck with the trip!

Connor

Asking locals sounds like like good idea. And it is actually good that no everything can be found on google. So i'll add brushing up on my spanish to the O2/CO2 tables and frenzel exercises. Thanks.

Cuba is a grand Island, unfortunately everything is hard to come by, and what is available is so outdated that it may be hazardous, unless you plan to fly your gear in, best to freedive...Welcome to DB:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT