• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Cape Town

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nutt

Oct 3, 2016
Hi Guys

I'm not new to spearfishing, just haven't done any for the last eight years not that I was that great to start off with, I decided it would be great to get back in. So Saturday I went down to my local dealer Rabitech got my guns re rubbered and got a few other goodies and I was good to go. Sunday came and what a pearler, the water had cleared up on the western side and I went down to Bantry bay, jumped in off the bricks and wow. how much I had forgotten? Couldn't load my gun, though they had made the rubbers too short, turns out the cable was in the way of the notch so the wishbone wouldn't seat. I only notice this after getting out and checking, after loosing my mask. My family had locked the car and gone to the beach, so couldn't even get spare mask.
Two chaps came down to shoot some fish and the one dived my mask out, thanks very much, I'm terrible with names so cant mention it here, but thank you. this spurred me on again. the two guys were young and fit and swam out to the Rock 700 to 800m swim, I was not going to do that being very unfit, I went out 300m and played around in the kelp. realised how unfit I was when I couldn't hold my breath for 30 seconds at 12m. Anyhow there weren't any fish of respectable size wanting to commit suicide so I ducked as much as I could and just took in the view all while being taunted by tiny Hotties with serious attitude. I dont recall if this site was around 8 years ago but I'm glad it is now.

Nutt

Reactions: Rock Shooter
Welcome to Deeperblue! Sounds like you had a good time. Do you plan to go out again soon?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT