• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Ireland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scuba G

Mar 13, 2008
Jst joined the forum as very interested in training in freediving, Im a diving instructor and am cave and rebreather qualified, but Id like to get my fitness up and after watching the Big Blue I was hooked on the whole apnea diving, Ive played underwater hockey for a while but found it tough so Id like do do the AIDA courses and get to a decent level,so ears open and mouth shut, just here to pick up info on where I can start, the SETT training course looks like a good one,

Graham

Hello then Graham, you have come to the right place. Search, learn, and welcome :)

hey graham. only new here myself but freediving for a good few years. cork based. did u dive with csac before?? u look familiar. anyways if your down this way ill take u for a bit. wanna get some info on tec diving so hopefully we can pick eachothers brains.

Welcome to DB Graham :) I'm only 60 or so miles from you, 60 miles of Irish sea though :) There is quite a healthy Irish contingent here, they mostly hang out in the spearo section but there are freedivers amongst them

hey graham. only new here myself but freediving for a good few years. cork based. did u dive with csac before?? u look familiar. anyways if your down this way ill take u for a bit. wanna get some info on tec diving so hopefully we can pick eachothers brains.

Ive dived around the area a few years back but not with Cork SAC, maybe some of the members but cant remember names, thanks for the offer, anything I can help you with regarding tec stuff let me know.

Hi Graham, welcome aboard. :)
I can definitely recommend the SETT course.

Dia Duit Graham, welcome to db thers plenty of info here and I can recommend the sett course. give us a shout if you are ever heading west and for up to date happenings see the ireland spearing thread.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT