• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Lauderdale by the Sea Florida

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

OceanObsessed

Freediving Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
First time poster here. I’ve been browsing the forums for some time now and decided to go ahead and introduce myself. It’s good to see so many freedivers all in one place! Anyway, for the last 5 years most of my freediving has been from my kayak. Prior to that I spent many years freediving from a Sunfish sailboat that we kept on the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea. They are really are great boats for freediving! Before having 3 kids I used do a bit of freediving in the Bahamas & the Florida Keys. These days I only get to the Bahamas for quick trips, by small plane, once per year if I’m lucky.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)
-Chris

Last edited:
Hey Chris,
I saw your pics on our yahoo group. Thats quite a bit of lobster! I sometimes bring my kayak down by you to freedive. Problem is, I have no other dive buddies with kayaks. Looks like we could solve that problem. Although I'm just a hour north, it is difficult to kayak dive up here with the current and waves. I grew up in Davie so I never mind driving down to familiar waters. It makes me feel like a kid again. I look forward to diving with you.
Tony

Hi Tony,
I didn’t realize you were a kayak freediver! Yeah, lets get together and take the kayaks out sometime soon. I’m on the beach about a mile North of Commercial Blvd and I just launch off the beach here and usually go to the second reef and look for lobsters this time of year but I’d be up for just about anything. There is even a really good 3rd reef ledge system directly East of here or we could go to some of the spots that you go to. I’ll pm you my contact info.
-Chris

Welcome OO,

Good diving down your ways as well as a bit more N or S...waters gettin cold huh?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

settingsteel,
How is the freediving off Miami? I lived on Miami Beach back in 1994 but never did any freedving down there.

depending where you go it could be good to very good...if over down this way look me up, fish coming in to the shallows now (also time for a wetsuit;))

Welcome! Looks like your time here has been profitable already :D Glad to have you with us.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT