• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi From New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kman

semi O2 intolerant
Aug 16, 2005
Hello All,

I am relativly new to this.
Love my monofin and being underwater.

Did my fist static (with a club) on tuesday and managed a hold of 5 mins. I am loving this more and more. (I was shooting for 4 mins)
Only been involved since sept last year.

Anyone else here from New Zealand?

Reactions: naiad
Hi there fellow Kiwi!

I am from Tauranga, Nth Iser. Also have caught the freediving bug. I am currently in Miami. Where are yu?

N

Hi

Well done on that 5min static - that's very good for a first try.

I'm also based in Tauranga.

Ash

Hi Niki090fish and Ash!

I am in Wellington, I have hooked up on a temp basis (for now) with a Wellington Club called "the Lazy Seal" (www.lazyseal.co.nz) so that I can push in safety with experienced people around me and learn lots too.
Unfortunitly their training evenings are a little hard for me to attend so training with them is limited at present.

You attending the comp this weekend Ash?

I dive occasionally at Lake Taupo with some of the Lazy Seal group, so I can say that you're in good hands

As for the comp this weekend, I'm still in Australia visiting family. Back in NZ tonight though and I hope to get in the water for a shore dive tomorrow if the weather is playing along.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…