• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from tahiti!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Welcome to Deeperblue! Do you dive often? I have heard the diving in Tahiti is amazing, and hope to try it someday.

Welcome to Deeperblue! Do you dive often? I have heard the diving in Tahiti is amazing, and hope to try it someday.
Before yes.I dive everyday.because I'm a pearl farm diver.The water here is very clean and yes ,it is amaziong!

Wow that is an unusual job!
Welcome to the forum, do have any pictures of where you work?

Wow that is an unusual job!
Welcome to the forum, do have any pictures of where you work?
I lost all my underwater photo while working.And only have some left.

Attachments

• P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010045.JPG
    P1010045.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: foxfish
Hi Timpoh: a 2nd welcome to Deeper Blue from LA!

I'll be vacationing in Tahiti and surrounding islands for 3 weeks Oct-Nov. I would love to spend some of that time freediving. I could use a diving buddy, so if you're willing to include an extra man in your group, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for any dangers while you're under.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Timpoh: a 2nd welcome to Deeper Blue from LA!

I'll be vacationing in Tahiti and surrounding islands for 3 weeks Oct-Nov. I would love to spend some of that time freediving. I could use a diving buddy, so if you're willing to include an extra man in your group, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for any dangers while you're under.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi,Welcome to Tahiti.Which island are you plannning to visit?Fakarava got a lot of fish.And thanks for wiiling be a diving buddy.Now I'm in tahiti and planning of going back to tikehau(where I worked before).Will let you know when I'm there,and maybe can go spearfishing at the pass there.Got a lot of dogtooth.

Hi Timpoh: I know travel between islands can be difficult, so if your home island is Tahiti, or if you working in Tikehau when I'm in the area, I'm happy to explore either one of them with you. You know the area so I'll follow your lead. Having a diving buddy is #1 importance!

I have heard there are a great many dive locations, many of which are accessible by swimming within 1km from the beaches. Please let me know if that's true, or if I should expect more challenging conditions.

I will try to leave room for at least 1 week on either Tahiti or Tikehau, unless you tell me you'll be elsewhere. I am still arranging my itinerary, so I will send you exact dates when I have them.

You said you're a Pearl Farm Diver? Would love to hear more about that! How exactly do you get a job like that?

You said you're a Pearl Farm Diver? Would love to hear more about that! How exactly do you get a job like that?
Work as a pearl farm diver for 7 years.Dive 2 times per day,and been dove for 7hrs(incl. safety stops)straight.It is a tough job.Now,I only go for spearfishing when have time.

Wow! Twice per day, for 7 hours? 5 times per week? Would love a chance to experience what that's like. Must be a interesting business to work in.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT