• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi guys !

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Etruscan

Jan 26, 2010
Hello everybody !
I joined the forum right now!
I' m from Bologna, Northern Italy.
Love spearfishing that I practice mostly in Northern Adriatica Sea...but 4-5 times every year I make a short or a longer trip somewhere-else, looking for good places for spearfishing... I usually go to South France, Corse, Croatia, Greece, and many places all over Italy. I also went for fishing to Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria,Tunisia, Turkey, Cabo Verde, Canarian Isles, Madagascar and so on... I love it....:inlove
I' m thinking now to my next summer holidays so maybe I' ll ask you some good advice in the next days ! :)
Have a good time..
Alberto

Last edited:
Welcome Alberto, you are just the type of member we like to have around.

Hi Alberto , welcome to db .
Did one of your ancestors invent the wonderful sauce Bologna is world-famous for ?

Welcome from Texas! Post pictures when you can--we live vicarioulsy through DB.

Hello and welcome on DB... I think u miss small part of the sea u did not mention :D

All best

Hi Alberto , welcome to db .
Did one of your ancestors invent the wonderful sauce Bologna is world-famous for ?
Ah, ah, ah....Not indeed... I think the origin is in the middle-age.. There was not a single "inventor" and ther is not a written recepy.. : the women just began doing it with the rests of the meat and vegetables eaten the day before.. So every time it was different...
By the way.. we NEVER eat this sauce with spaghetty (awfull !!!) but with lasagne , tortellini or tagliatelle...

Welcome from Texas! Post pictures when you can--we live vicarioulsy through DB.

Ok...here you are.. Just some of my last captures (it' s a long time I don' t go fishing..:waterwork)
Some sea basses caught in Northern Adriatic Sea (october 09) and a jack crevalle caught in Cabo Verde (november 09)..

Reactions: devondave
Nice catch there well done!!! pitte that you can not spearfish these days... Is that a jacket on top of your wetsuit? Nice gun did you make it?

Nice catch there well done!!! pitte that you can not spearfish these days... Is that a jacket on top of your wetsuit? Nice gun did you make it?

It' s snowy here now and the water 6-7° C. No fish at all...... I think I can begin fishin' again not before April..:waterwork:waterwork
In the picture I wear a jacket with some weights for fishing in shallow water.. It also helps me loading the long gun without breaking the wetsuit...
The gun you see in the second picture is not self-made. It' s a "Eban" Idro 90 cm., an Italian brand... very good I think.. But normally I use carbon guns, C4 brand... :):)

Reactions: agbiv
4.7kg is just over the magical (English) 10lb mark.
Many hundreds of us would love to spear the elusive 10lb bass!
The one in my pic weighed just 2oz short (60grms)!

4.7kg is just over the magical (English) 10lb mark.
Many hundreds of us would love to spear the elusive 10lb bass!
The one in my pic weighed just 2oz short (60grms)!
I quite agree with you.. They are wonderfull fishes...
This is my record : 6.4 Kg., caught 2 years ago, in winter, Southern France...

And what' s the fishing situation in U.K.? We don' t know much about it..
Guernsey doesn' t look so bad... :)

Nice fish and nice gear!!! is that a shoes in your foot? do you use them with C4 foot pockets?

Thanks 4 sharing photos

Nice fish and nice gear!!! is that a shoes in your foot? do you use them with C4 foot pockets?

Thanks 4 sharing photos

Hi Salehthefish ! My fins are rather unconventional... It's a new project by C4. There are not simple footpockets but anatomic shoes that make a perfect and solid connection between the blade and the foot.
The fin is called "Mustang" and... changed my life, I must say..
I think, after two years I use them, I could'nt go back to a traditional fin... :inlove

They look like ordinary neoprene socks, Thefish. Here in the Upper Med we almost always wear socks under our fins, be it either for comfort or for thermic protection or for slipping lead plates as ankle weights into them. Spearos always find a reason for doing what they do! :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT