• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi Im new here

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aegir

Jan 14, 2001
Hi, im pretty new to diving , iv just taken my OW course and im hoping to do as much diving as possible, hopefully around 2-3 dives a week. Im 26 years old from Hull in the UK.

Hello,
I'm relatively new to diving too...have just finished my o/w and am doing my advanced in summer (thats christmas over here) as it is way too cold for me to be doing it in winter.
Is there much to see over there?

Cool Aegir. Is it sea diving, inland diving, or a mix of both you're interested in doing? Some great places in the UK for both, but the sea stuff has the benefit of going out on the RIB, bonus if you get to drive!

Hi mate, go for quality not quantity, good dives are better than lots of dives, good buddies are better than any buddy, head for stony cove, the best safe inland hole there is in the UK, good people and lots of them.

Safe diving

Bobco.

Hi There Like you I have just completed my OWD course. Although I live in Milton Keynes i originate from Hull as well. Good luck with your diving when you have been to Stoney Cove let me no if it is worth a visit.
regards
brock

Hi Aegar.
Cograts on your ow, if you do not have experienced buddies do the AOW at stoney cove, MIDWEEK too busy at weekends.
Then go to Seahouses, Nothumberland and dive with the seals on the Farne Islands, awesome. Bottom 20-25ish mtrs best to stay at 12-15 mtrs seals come to you.
Again if you can go midweek you miss the crowds.
Easy relaxed diving.

:cool:

Hi...Im not a new divr but just wanted to let you guys know that reading about your enthusiasm to dive makes me remember why I started in the first place at 7 yrs and + or - 600 dives I had started to forget!

Enjoy the adventure...it goes as far as you want it to!

Hi, I just past my OW as well, the only problem being I'm now totally addicted and am seriously thinking about trying to make a career out of diving. I live just up the road from Hull, in Selby. Let me know how you get on with AOW and dive sites - if you don't mind. Any advice is very welcome.
:)

Last edited:
Diving addiction

I know what you mean Victoriajane. I just finished my OW about a month ago, and haven't been able to dive since:waterwork. I really want to though. It'll probably be January before I can get my next 'fix'. Until then, all I can do is stare hungrily at equipment on the Internet.

Welcome to DeeperBlue. Hope you enjoy it here.

newbies

hey ! i am a relatively new diver too, i did my OW in september and then dove fiji in october, and i am hopefully doin my AOW soon!

Hey, this is great to hear. I am recently certified (last July02)in the Virgin Islands. I got in another 12 dives before I had to leave. I am totally hooked and can't wait to get back in the deep blue. You are all so lucky to have this experience:D

Yeah!!!

I got accredited in oz and then did another 10 dives in FIJI!!!

If you get a chance go...

I can thourorly recommend sites called " The Supermarket " and "Tokoriki Wall "

Cheers

Motatoca

Re: I am new too!

Originally posted by Duncan
;)

With that much karma, try again Duncan your not new around here.
By the way what did you use the cartoon for???

Cartoon

Hey Sharky....

This forum is way too clever! It updates your previous posts with your current details (karma, posts etc)....so that was my first post....yay! :t

I basically wanted to put it on a t-shirt....but am worried about copyright etc...

But it is nice to have in the collection :)

Shot
Duncan

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT