• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

High blood pressure - any problems with freediving ... ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jestersdead

Aug 3, 2018
Hi everyone.

Just starting freediving after a lifelong interest in the sport. Yay me.
Now i am a very healthy guy - eat well workout swim kickbox etc and have a good platform of lung capacity to start my journey. My only Achilles heel is a hereditary stage1 blood pressure due to something ominous called Cystic syndrome on my kidneys. Now its not the dreaded PCKD (polycystic kidney disease) but it does mean blood vessels in my kidneys expand to tiny birthday balloons for entertainment's sake and then stay like that. This also causes rising blood pressure. My job has been to keep that in check by eating well, exercising bla bla

Now it occurs to me, with Apnea causing high blood pressure if momentarily may be an issues - now does anyone know is there any known long-term issues with high blood pressure and whilst we are here cysts in kidneys. BTW most people have cysts on their kidney one or two v common so can't see it as a massive issue but worth throwing it out there.

Hope you're all having a great day!
cheers
JD

Oh and forgot to mention - i am experiencing the dreaded back of the neck right side throbbing headache on blood flow pulse after strenuous pool training at the local club. After searching the forums it seems common but my high blood pressure situation may have an extra bearing on this. ( i think i need to monitor blood pressure daily ) ... maybe i can be a guinea pig and post results over the coming year. Lets science this...!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT