• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

High Blood Pressure

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DSV

Jan 11, 2002
Does anyone know of some literature on freediving with high blood pressure and medications for high blood pressure?

Thanks

I have limited info for you on this subject. I am a novice freediver who has been having problems with my static and dynamic times. I'm currently on a small amount of Atenolol for high blood pressure as well as Zestoretic. The problem with these meds are that they do not allow my body to perform natural acts as the mammalian reflex or blood shifts that occur in people with normal blood pressure. These meds are made to control our blood flow so my training has leveled off. My doctor is trying to come up with a solution so I can keep improving while staying healthy. We are currently looking into a water-based blood pressure pill which would not have the adverse effects to freediving as the ones I'm currently taking. Hopefully with some trials under my doctors supervision this could be a viable solution. I recommend you consult a doctor that understands your goals before self-medicating or take my opinion.
Clear Waters,
Scott

Thanks Scott,

I don't have the high blood pressure, it's a friend of mine. But you have some good info thanks, I'll tell him what you said and refer him to his doctor.

DSV

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT