• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

High power options?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon305

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, are there any readily available guns that offer more than 30 bar max pressure? I have my seac maxed and then some but i feel i would like more out of it, ill likely pick up a predathor vuoto for the vacuum muzzle in a 130, idk what the max pressure is on that but i imagine it'll be 30 bar

Most guns on the market have a maximum of 30 bar. Pneumatic spearguns have a safety factor in their construction which no doubt allow them to take more pressure, but it is best not to use it as we don't know what that safety factor is. The plastic pistons and shock absorbers are a weak point and I suspect vacuum barrel guns move them a little closer to failure, all other things being equal. The 40 bar Mirage was a failure as Mares never got around to fixing the airflow in the rear handle which imposed a built-in throttle. Loading at 40 bar is not easy and for most purposes 30 bar is more than enough, even 25 bar.
Salvimar pumping table.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Zahar and Jon305
I see, ah well, maybe one day i suppose. I just like the idea of more power, i have no trouble loading mine i mean it takes effort but not too hard. Thanks as usual pete

You could always go up to a 14 mm diameter inner barrel, pneumatic guns such as GSD (Italy) had them and there is the Alpha C1 from Greece still available today. A few Russian guns had 14 mm inner barrels, but most of them are forward latching and were relatively short. More piston cross-sectional area then more force for the same pressure, but of course more loading effort.

Interesting thought, ill check them out, thanks pete, my father had the set of 3 from gsd i think he said they were called "punto". He seems to be fond of those

Interesting thought, ill check them out, thanks pete, my father had the set of 3 from gsd i think he said they were called "punto". He seems to be fond of those
The "Punto" guns were a GSD product and the final models produced before the company quit operating. Their spear tails had a small ball on a short stalk that nylon jaws in the piston nose gripped to hold the spear in the gun. The lack of spare spears eventually saw the GSD guns disappear as all their pneumatic models used the same ball-ended type.
GSD piston and ball spear tail R.jpg

The GSD "Punto" had a piston with a tail as it was not valve operated, it used a three ball sear locking arrangement instead, but the same spear retention system was used. The “Alpha C1” uses spears with Mares tails which are the same as Salvimar and Pelengas tails in that the rear taper for conic friction connection to the piston is the same.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT