• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday in Croatia???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes , you need the licence, for powerboats to be honest.I think for smaller boats(under 5 hp) is not required.

Apartmani Nada - Apartments Veli rat :: Dugi otok - Po?etna

This is on island called Dugi otok... there you have sandy beaches... big fisch to hunt. Like gof, tuna, zubatac,orada, pic... google the names of fisch and you will see how they look. This apartments are of friend of maine...

This is some information saharun ho is the best sandy beach in croatia and it is quite and very good for children to play. The water is not deeper than 0,5m around 50m. Ther is an airport in zadar.. then you go with the boat to the island.

Hi guys,

I am off to Senj for the weekend. Any ideas about good spearing spots in the vicinity?

Can I get a license there?

Many thanks!

They rented the boat and did not have a boat license here in Croatia. However, I think the HP of the motor was something like 5 or 6 (6 is standard on most boats I go out with around here).

There are of course many boats with bigger engines, but I haven't had the honor of hanging out with those folks yet. :chatup

Haven't been to Senj, sorry! I would presume you can buy a license there, I would check with someone there if you can find a tourist agency there they can tell you. (Everybody's aunt in Croatia runs a tourist agency) :t

yes you can buy a licence in turist info station.. If you dont have a about not many good spots in senj..

I found it to be very difficult even in Rovinj to get a license, actually. I would not promise, unless Gospodine Zeko knows from personal experience, that Senj will offer one.
If you are passing through a large town on your way to Senj, I would suggest taking care of it there before doing to Senj, if you can not find out if one is available before you get there.

check this post out from above:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/mediterranean/86807-holiday-croatia-2.html#post840465

My experience in Rovinj was that out of 200 "tourist agencies" only 1 was "licened" (able) to sell me the spearfishing license - and it was not even the main official tourist agency of the city of Rovinj.

Now that I am back, I can file my report.

Getting the spearing license in Senj was easier than I expected. First, I enquired about it at a local camp site which runs dive trips. They gave me the number of Mr Basic (pronounced Bashich) who is a sweet old retired man, which was awesome because he issued my license on Saturday when most places are closed...

As for the actual hunting.... it was not very rewarding as I only did shore entries but at least I got my gear wet. I got a couple of mullets... Can't wait to get back for more!

Best to all!

Reactions: FletchHR
:waveGlad you made it, got a license, and got your gear wet.

Not sure why you didn't see more fish... I understand it's a good hunting time now. (I have no time to get in- and I just got a new mask and snorkle!)

But the fish are certainly shy around here. If you stay too shallow, a lot of times you won't see much worth shooting. (not always!)

I find that for any fishing around here the locals really know best where to go and when.

Hey guys, I need some advice and it seems like you guys really know what your talking about.

My name is Christian, I am 24 years old, I have been sent to Europe for work purposes, and I plan to travel to Croatia once or twice while I am here. I would love to freedive while I am visiting, however, my supervisors would not allow me to bring any of my dive/spear equipment..

I am not trying to spear because I know it will be very difficult to find/rent all of the proper equipment, but I would really love to freedive. I am a fairly experienced free diver (for where I come from at least). My max depth around 23 meters. I was able to bring my HD underwater video camera and a 3mil wetsuit but that is it.

I would appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer me. I am willing to film and edit any spearo who is willing to show me around or lend me equipment. I will try compensate you the best I can as well.

I was planning on flying into Dubrovnik, but I have no set plans.

Thank you.

-Christian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT