• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Homeless South African

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Abriapnea

Jan 16, 2002
Guys , I am returning home on Jan. 24 th for a spearing and skippering break in Sodwana .
My ex -girlfriend whom I normally stay with whenever I am in SA is expecting twins during this period ...:duh
Herman in Pretoria has been kind enough to offer his hospitality on my arrival .:king
Does anyone have spot for me on my return from Sodwana for the day or two max before my flight leaves (middle/late Feb.)
Alternatively any recommendations for cheap accommodation ?

And how the hell do you get from Jhb Intl. to Pretoria ? Are there trains/buses ?

E-mails for the main dive schools going to Sodwana also needed , have to bum a lift down ...:head
Any help appreciated ,
By voorbaart dank .

Originally posted by Abriapnea
My ex -girlfriend whom I normally stay with whenever I am in SA is expecting twins during this period

:confused: uh, just asking because I'm sure others will be curious, by any chance were you spearfishing in SA last April?

Static secrets

Abri. :D

I'm sure you can be accommodated in my small humble abode for a day or two max on your return. I work close to the airport so a lift there to catch your flight will also be on the cards. One of things we will be discussing during your stay is statics............:D

mail me for my number and call me anytime.

Skindiver.

Shot Abri

Our Dive Club has got two sordies weekends scheduled. the 24th to the 27th jan and the 21st to 24th feb. about twenty of us all charge up there, but we all leave from durbs. it seems like you will be landing and taking off from joburg, right?
well, offer is there.
cheers
mark

Cheers ,Skin ; will get in touch with you . Happy to pass along any info I can .

Griff , unless I can change flight dates ( which I doubt ) looks like I will just miss seeing you ; probably wont get to Sordies before Monday .

Fuzz , curious enough I WAS in close proximity during April/May . I trust her boyfriend doesn't think the way you do ... NOT GUILTY :D

24th ???

I might just be persuaded to take you to Sords myself ..... he he he .... Get in touch, brother - We might work something out.

The trip to Toti was a disaster - only dove twice, saw a BIG bull on the first one, and lost my stringer (Rockcod and shad) on the second dive to an unkown unfriendly .... Then one of our guys got sick and we had to come back .... sigh. Might have some photos (ocean and new girlfriend photos - no fish) soon.

OOPS ; did I forget to mention that 'Toti is Big Bull City ?...:D
Not for nothing is it rated the shark attack capital .

Thanks Boet , that would certainly solve a big hassle . Will contact you anon .

Originally posted by Abriapnea

Any help appreciated ,
By voorbaart drank .

Sounds good to me.

I should be able to do the drive up to sords .... if we can organize a couple of guys (Herman? Hennie?) we might just make it a road trip. I haven't been down that road in 5 or 6 years .... hope my car makes it :D

How long are you planning on staying? And what about accomodation? And how's about a boatride or two? ... maybe even to Abri's Knob .... he he he

Not a bad idea ...;)
Perhaps we could organize a get together of S.A. forum members .
Griff is going to be there , anyone else interested ?
Jan maak n jol would be a good place for a serious meeting .:friday
As far as organising a boatride ; should be doable depending how busy the resort is .
Whereabouts in JHB are you SA ? Need to start organizing things ; I will arrive on the morning (early) of the 24 th Jan .

I'm not in Joeys - I'm in Pretoria. The 24th is a Friday, isn't it? We could drive up either on the 24th or 25th, like I said, the more people go the less the petrol's gonna cost us ....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT