• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Honor band 5: 5 atm waterproof, heart rate and blood oxygen level

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xristos

Sep 5, 2013
So do you think this would not drown if you stay within 50m of depth? The information it provides relative to its cost sound interesting for freediving.

Waterproof ratings are notoriously optimistic. This one says 5 atm, or 40 m. it might get you to 30 m, maybe, but I'd be skeptical beyond that. My Polar heart monitor was good for 32 meters no issue. I think it was rated for 5 atm.

Interesting gadget. It must be getting a periferal o2 cnc, which you would have to calibrate to your situation, but still very useful. I might try this one.

Reactions: SubSub and xristos
I just bought it on amazon and used it during a running session. I can't find the oximeter function, in my opinion it doesn't exist. I thought of a translation error between Vo2max and Spo2. Can anyone on this forum help me?

EDIT.

5 minutes after I send previous post new version (1.1.0.68) of firmware was released. Now Spo2% function is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: xristos
If you want share your experience with the SpO2, accuracy etc im really curious, it costs about the same as dedicated devices !

From reading the literature/description, it looks like it gives you a point measurement, not a continious record. If so, its not going to be as useful as I hoped.

Otrebor, give us a review.

As CDavis says, oxygen monitoring is not continuous, so it's not as useful as I thought. I would have liked to use it in the pool or during the dives to see what happens to my body. I hope they update the app Huawey Health with a new version, I emailed the developers to ask, but I think it's a drop in the ocean. If any other freediver made the same request, they would probably consider it.

I tried to compare the oxygen function also wearing a cheap finger oximeter, the heart rate is the same but the oxygen values sometimes deviate by 1-2%.

Saluti, Roberto

EDIT:
The watch is certainly waterproof up to 31 meters; I don't have the courage to try at greater depths.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT