• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How bad is beer?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Seal

Deepsy
Apr 29, 2003
I was just wondering how bad a couple of beers in the weekend is?

I need something to convince my buddies that I souldn't be drinking when training. It's just a little hard since one of my friends say it's ok and he runs cross country:confused:

Besides if I only drink a couple, it don't really effect my performance the day after. Or does it? and what are the long term effects?

Unless you have Kirk Krak as a coach, a couple of beers aren't going to do you any harm. :D

Cheers,
Wal

Hi.
If i drink couple of beers late at night it affects my sleeping and therefore i will get as much rest as i would otherwise.
This affects seriously my performance. I've found that better rest i get on the night before the better my diving will be.

This is just my personal experience on this matter. I just dont sleep very well if i have any alcohol in my blood for some reason.

But couple of beers during the day on day before diving does not affect me at all as long as i've had the time to burn the alcohol out from my blood before going to sleep.

And of course there is a very big difference between couple beers and dozen beers...

Dive safe.

Tuomo

I think freediving hungover allows you to go deeper.
BUT the reason is because your brain is already toast, and you
are not able to realize when it is time to surface. You need to be in touch with what your body is telling you.

I think it depends on the beer ...

If you are diving in Pennsylvania, I would recommend Straub's.

How bad is beer

If you decide to drink beer the weekend you dive, be sure to drink plenty of water. As alcohol is a diuretic, it will rob precious fluid from your body. This can affect you blood volume, and probably several other crucial factors that influence your diving performance.

Jim

thanks for all the input

I had a couple off beers and ate some potato chips. And my diving sucked really bad the day after:eek: So I won't be doing that for a while now I guess.

i have found that beer affects my
training and diving for up to 5 days.

i try and avoid them...

herman

This is a question that is inherently impossible for our American friends to answer, unless they've tried real beer on holiday in Britain. :D :p

Al

P.S. I have edited this mail to include the relevant number of smilies...

Last edited:
This is a question that is inherently impossible for our American friends to answer, unless they've tried real beer on holiday in Britain.

Are you talking about the warm, flat stuff that they drink over there?

If it is, then yes. I can't comment on drinking real "beer" and diving the next day.

I did grow up in Milwaukee and they seem to make a little bit of beer there. The microbrews are better than the corperate stuff, but I still haven't developed a taste for the warm, flat stuff. :yack

Jon;)

Are you talking about the warm, flat stuff that they drink over there?

Come on Jon, everyone knows that's only in the Asterix comics!!:D

Hadley

P.S. Asahi rules!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT