• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How can we increase our lung capacity?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SEDATE

Feb 6, 2005
increase our lung capacity

i heard that doing lung packing can be harfmful if you are not pro.
i do what exactly i inhale as slowly as i can.approx 50 sec i can fill my lung without stopin' breathing... i achived up to.a friend of mine if you manage till 2 min or 1:40 min your lung capacity will be 2X before...is it good for practice or not?
any idea?...thanks

Last edited:
If I've understanded your question correctly...

stretching your lungs is like stretching a muscle;
you can practice it to a certain level (the maximum that your lungs are capable to stretch) when you pack past that level, the result will be that your lung/s will simply tear.
One how gradually practices lung stretching will make his lungs more flexible and as a result his lungs are less likely to tear.

The max time you are capable of inhaling is up to you.
I dont think anyone can double his lungs volume...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT