• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How deep is this

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kentpaul

Apr 5, 2010
Hi

Could anyone estimate how deep is this? 15 to 20m? I had equalisation problems so stopped swimming further down.
Thanks

KP

Hi, nice vids.
I was in Meedhupparu 2012, and this looks similar, but sadly did not see any sharks. My guess is 10 +/-2m. You are the best to know but I would guess that ledge was about 5m and then you went another 5m down. You asked for an estimate, so here's one.

Going down to 10m without equalizing must be a pain and could cause some damage. 5 m max for me. Depending on your mask, at about 8 m I need to blow some air into the mask. That's also a good reference point.

the second film with the animals was probably 5m max.

the first movie though, must have been more than 10m, i was under water for almost a minute with 90cm fins on. had to equalise two or three times, but then was struggling to equalise again so couldnt go deeper.

My guess is also max 10m but mostly around 5m

But one thing I feel the need to mention: Why chasing the animals like that, scare them with the camera or even try to touch them? I don't want to offend anybody but I think as sea lovers we need to respect the animals.

well i was in maldives 2 weeks ago. dived down 13m and had bottom time i have a watch now to check. i think the video was about 8-10m.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT