• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How do you choose your freediving school?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kresenel

May 2, 2020
I a master freediving instructor working through the AIDA system and i am now establishing my own freediving school.
My Question is:
How do you choose your freediving school that you are going to dive with?

I a master freediving instructor working through the AIDA system and i am now establishing my own freediving school.
My Question is:
How do you choose your freediving school that you are going to dive with?
Someone please respond.

Some thoughts:

Word of mouth is, by far, the best advertising
Figure out the most effective(and cost effective) advertising mechanism otherwise.
Being located at an attractive location is an advantage. Example, I want to dive Dominica and may be able to combine an advanced course with an extended freediving stay.
Tie your operation to other activities to provide options for nondiving significant others as well as make your courses more appealing to divers interested in things in addition to diving(believe it or not, they do exist)
Specialize in something that will bring you a higher skilled(and moneyed) clientele. Example, I'm looking for an instructor who knows a lot about diving half lung(aka FRZ) as a normal, all the time, diving style, not just for training. That is way too specialized, but you get the idea.
Become a presence on Websites that divers frequent, providing useful information. Example, Dano of Mako, is a frequent DB contributor. I suspect that brings him a lot of business, including some of mine.

I still have to do my courses, but heh, money...

I would prefer to do the courses where they have an instructor who practises the same kind of diving, which for me would be spearfishing. And preferably in a location with the same marine climate as here (lots of waves, strong winds).

Some thoughts:

Figure out the most effective(and cost effective) advertising mechanism otherwise.
Being located at an attractive location is an advantage. Example, I want to dive Dominica and may be able to combine an advanced course with an extended freediving stay.
Tie your operation to other activities to provide options for nondiving significant others as well as make your courses more appealing to divers interested in things in addition to diving(believe it or not, they do exist)
Specialize in something that will bring you a higher skilled(and moneyed) clientele. Example, I'm looking for an instructor who knows a lot about diving half lung(aka FRZ) as a normal, all the time, diving style, not just for training. That is way too specialized, but you get the idea.
Become a presence on Websites that divers frequent, providing useful information. Example, Dano of Mako, is a frequent DB contributor. I suspect that brings him a lot of business, including some of mine.
Thanks
www.walmartone.com
Pretty cool and awesome.

Some thoughts:

Figure out the most effective(and cost-effective) advertising mechanism otherwise.
Being located at an attractive location is an advantage. For example, I want to dive Dominica and may be able to combine an advanced course with an extended freediving stay.
Tie your operation to other activities to provide options for nondiving significant others as well as make your courses more appealing to divers interested in things in addition to diving(believe it or not, they do exist https://www.walgreenlistens.one/)
Specialize in something that will bring you a higher-skilled(and moneyed) clientele. For example, I'm looking for an instructor who knows a lot about diving half lung(aka FRZ) as a normal, all the time, diving style, not just for training. That is way too specialized, but you get the idea.
Become a presence on Websites that divers frequently, providing useful information. For example, Dano of Mako is a frequent DB contributor. I suspect that brings him a lot of business, including some of mine.

Great.

People do not even realize it for the most part, but the reason they choose things is advertising, email and social media campaigns.

The other main reason would be it is the one in their area, so location is obviously important.

SEO on the website, social media. This is why you see all these channels doing videos. People do not waste their time out of the goodness of their hearts unfortunately. You see educational spearfishing video because people know that is the type of useful content they need to be putting their brand in people's faces. It is smart, and it is pretty cheap. The actual youtube revenue angle of it is a total loser for the companies I am sure. It is all about getting their brand in people's faces.

Some thoughts:

Specialize in something that will bring you a higher skilled(and moneyed) clientele. Example, I'm looking for an instructor who knows a lot about diving half lung(aka FRZ) as a normal, all the time, diving style, not just for training. That is way too specialized, but you get the idea. https://www.jcpenneykiosk.bid/
Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it.

A school close to the place where you live is important... I attended the three levels of Apnea-Academy courses..and was lucky to find very skilled instructors. We trained toghether also freely - outside the courses. Prices very definitely fair

Some thoughts:

Tie your operation to other activities to provide options for nondiving significant others as well as make your courses more appealing to divers interested in things in addition to diving(believe it or not, they do exist) https://www.mymilestonecard.biz/
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Some thoughts:

Become a presence on Websites that divers frequent, providing useful information. Example, Dano of Mako, is a frequent DB contributor. I suspect that brings him a lot of business, including some of mine. upsers account

Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Walgreens thanks its clients for taking part in the study in the most ideal way. Indeed! Clients are compensated for focusing profoundly on this study. Insights about this overview are displayed beneath.

Walgreenslistens executed a connected with the WWW review to take an arrangement about Walgreenslistens Helpline notwithstanding your support level thereafter visiting service <a href="https://walgreenslistenscon.com/"> Click here Walgreenslistens </a> Walgreenslistens

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT