• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

how many seconds should be in one way DNF in 25 m and 50m swiming pools?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

liutaina81

Aug 11, 2010
i would like to know what speed supposed to be when you swim 75 metres in 25 metre swimming pool. I think you you should hold breath for 1 and a half minutes.
what do you think about it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Yes 75m in 25m pool should take around 1:30. Usually for DYN 25m takes about 25s and for DNF about 30s. But some people swim a bit faster.

do you swimming faster in the beginning and in the end you go slower or you trying to keep the same time 30-20s in each way?

Everybody should find the best pace for himself. If you swim too fast the drag is high and you use much more oxygen, moreover, muscle fatigue develops faster. If you swim too slow it takes too long and as a result oxygen use is also higher for the same distance. Swimming faster at the beginning and then slowing down is not a good idea. At the beginning the diving reflex is not activated yet which lets the muscles burn large amounts of O2. Some people do the opposite, they swim faster close to the end of a dive, however, I'm not sure if it helps.

But if you swim faster in the end it's big risk to get samba or black out. I think I will try hold on one way 30-36 s. And max relax body before dive

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Like Marcin said, everybody is different. I find the most comfortable dynamics (the only kind I'm interested in) come when the first 25 yards is done very very slowly, then pick up the speed and try to maintain it. at 50 yards I'll have almost no urge to breathe and things don't start getting tight until almost 75. The slow period allows for a stronger and earlier dive reflex.

In a 25m pool 25-30s per length but closer to 30s.

In a 50m pool 1:00-1:05 per length.

Those speeds are probably a good starting point for most males in DNF.

For dyn i think 45-50s per 50m in both 25 and 50m pools

And I always speed up at the end. I think that when you start getting lactic you can speed up at little extra cost...

Reactions: Piotrek
Looks that I am really slow, for 50m DNF I am using about 1 min and 30 s

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT