• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How much danger am I in?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should Gordon continue to train like this?

• Are you mad? Never, EVER, train or snorkel without a partner!

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Until you REALLY know your limitations, stay on the surface buddy!

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Get a buddy if you're looking for a new PB, but otherwise it's okay.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Don't be a baby, do what you want to do, it's a free world, free dive.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • When your time comes, it's here, in the shower, in the pool or the car... deal with it.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
I have also blacked out well within my limits and once had a bad samba from 16m - but if I am honest on both occasions I was very tired and run down from working a long stint so I guess you really need to be honest about what is pushing yourself on a particular day - it may be close to your PB on a day that you are feeling healthy and strong but on a day when you are tired, or ill, or hungry or its winter and you haven't been keeping that fit - it might be a lot less. Now I would say to everyone to never train alone. And a swimming pool lifeguard or anyone else does not count as a buddy unless he is within an arms reach of you and entirely understands what you are doing.

Reactions: Alison
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT