• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How much danger am I in?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should Gordon continue to train like this?

• Are you mad? Never, EVER, train or snorkel without a partner!

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Until you REALLY know your limitations, stay on the surface buddy!

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Get a buddy if you're looking for a new PB, but otherwise it's okay.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Don't be a baby, do what you want to do, it's a free world, free dive.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • When your time comes, it's here, in the shower, in the pool or the car... deal with it.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
I have also blacked out well within my limits and once had a bad samba from 16m - but if I am honest on both occasions I was very tired and run down from working a long stint so I guess you really need to be honest about what is pushing yourself on a particular day - it may be close to your PB on a day that you are feeling healthy and strong but on a day when you are tired, or ill, or hungry or its winter and you haven't been keeping that fit - it might be a lot less. Now I would say to everyone to never train alone. And a swimming pool lifeguard or anyone else does not count as a buddy unless he is within an arms reach of you and entirely understands what you are doing.

Reactions: Alison
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…