Guest viewing is limited
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

• Hi Guest - just to let you know that we performed some work on the forums recently. You may use this thread report any issues you encounter.

How much weight to use?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bretaincrab3

Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys, So I got a new polosub 8mm suit (with long-john). We will mostly be diving around 2-5m fresh water. I am 187cm and fairly lean. I have no experience using a suit this size, so I was wondering what your experience was. How much do you use?
Obviously, we will do a proper test and adjust once in the water. But it would be great to have a starting point.

bretaincrab3

Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys, So I got a new polosub 8mm suit (with long-john). We will mostly be diving around 2-5m fresh water. I am 187cm and fairly lean. I have no experience using a suit this size, so I was wondering what your experience was. How much do you use?https://19216811.cam https://xender.vip https://testmyspeed.onl Obviously, we will do a proper test and adjust once in the water. But it would be great to have a starting point.
issue got solved!!

crocoyes6

Aug 4, 2020
Generally - when you are on surface of the water and you exhale, your chin should be on water level (not like diving when you exhale and you are half of mask deep).

I would advice starting from 4-5 here and finding your point as this depends on the costume. I have two piece 5mm that needs 5 kilos and two piece 8mm that also needs 5 kilos for the same buoyancy.

crocoyes6

Aug 4, 2020
There's some pointer videos on youtube on how to setup your weight. IIRC you'll want to out on 'extra' weight than you normally would if you lead-out correctly.

Normally you weigh yourself to become negatively buoyant at one third or half the depth you're aiming at. Being that would be hard for diving at 2 to 5m you just keep adding weights until your naturally buoyant at that depth. There no fun in constant kicking to keep yourself down at those depths.

vidmate for pc

miklcct

Oct 19, 2020
Hi I have another question about weighting. Is here anyone whose neutral point is above -10 m without weights? Where is your neutral point (state suit or no suit, fresh or sea water) and how does it affect your dive?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2021 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT