• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How much weight?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
dend76
you say ''no deeper than 15 meters''
it is deeper for hunting and be very very carefull.
After 0 till -10m %8 of your weigth is best, if you weighted like this barier should be for -10meters. There are milions factor; ratio of salt in your area, your bone density, your fat ratio..and goes on.
dive like a duck(duck dive) .it takes you -3m(just use your leg weight)
from -3 to -4 meters use your hand(pull the water back 2 or 3 times, hand muscles spends very little oxigen because the shape and material in the muscle, i mean if your leg 0.5 lt oxigen use, your hand muscle will use 0.1 lt )
-4m till -8(notr) 2 or 3 perfect kick and fall down and get aspeto position
at the and of your aspeto push to the bottom by your left hand and slowly kick and when you feel water takes you up, don't do anything the water will take you up. you will spend very low oxigen ,try this
you must act in the water while watching a slow motion film, other action will spent more oxigen.
till -15 max 4kg or 5kg no mather how your weigt is but i suggest you dont dive -10 meters down not knowing perfect weigthing.
True or not i believe the sea get the best or the worst. one day comes and you need a knife to cut a rope or something else, if the knife isn't on you, you will never need it again..

Hi Seth - been away in the big city (unfortunately...) - anyway I was roofing a garden conservatory last summer and cut up some peices of roof lead - about 500g each. They are about 5mm thick and bend really easlity - I rounded off the ends and wrapped them in duct tape - works for me and are nice and thin unlike some of the rubber coated ones I have seen which a re a bit more bulky... latr - very tired - Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT