• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How often and how deep do you dive?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

caymandiver

give me gills!
Jun 18, 2003
I just wanted to hear how often everybody here dives and how deep and also how long do you spent in the water?

I try to dive 5 days a week, usally about 4 or 5. 3 times out of 5 I don't have a buddy.. I try not to go any deeper than 80 ft or so when I'm by my self. When I'm by myself I'm out there between an hour to 2 hours.

When I'm with my buddy I try to go deeper. My top is 105 ft with 2lbs. It must of been funny to watch. I have this line attached to my boogie board I use as float. But the line is only 50 ft long. I'm swiiming down and as I pass the end of the line I start to curve and I almost ran straight into the cayman wall at 90ft. So I had to swim side ways another 15 ft to drop. lol

I just learned the other day that you are supposed to float down after 30ft..:duh I swam the whole thing down...

Guess I got to add more weight.

Thanks everybody!!

hi

Yeah I think you need a lot more weight, might give you an extra 30ft :cool:

cheers

hmmm... i dive once or twice a week (somethimes not even that)

I go to about 10-15 m i don't have a buddy just some friends waching over me so i don't push it...
jure

I am in the water 5 or 6 days a week. Only 2 or 3 in the ocean.
I don't like to ocean dive without a partner, so I've only done it
twice. The last time I was out by myself was two days ago and I
surfaced into a large group of jellyfish I could not avoid.
One was wrapped around my face. I think someone was telling
me not to dive alone. It was the first time in 15 years going
to that spot that I had even seen a jellyfish. Partner or not, I stay down the same amount of time. Usually I don't care how deep I am, just the cool new sponge I found or something.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT