• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How old are you?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

How old are you?

• 13-20

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • 20-30

Votes: 130 45.6%
  • 30-40

Votes: 80 28.1%
  • 40-50

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • 50+

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
hi

Bill who may that Grandmother be, and man whats the secret to pull off 7min statics and 55m dives when your 60+ years old. Well done dude.

cheers

Andrew
Annabel is the gramma and my diving buddy. She's one of the very elite group that does 6 minute statics and 60 meter constants. On the dynamic day at the Pacific Cup only two of the world's best could beat her 132 meters. Matt, spouse, does the studying, coaching and training. Her website will be up this week, I think.
Thanks for the kind words. I've studied (casually) hundreds of athletes in a dozen sports and understand training but, for most, staying with it until you get good, works. Very few jocks can stick to their workouts for the seven years it takes to peak. More better to work less and enjoy it.
Aloha
Bill

hi

Bill, work less and enjoy it thats exactly the attitude I like to take no point going so hard you cant keep it up. Annabel I think I may have heard that somewhere, how old is she anyway 60m constant and 132 dynamics very impressive blows my numbers away.

cheers

Gramma

My #s too.
I'll never tell a ladies age but, 25 years per generation and two generations will put you in the ballpark.
Bill

Reactions: BatRay
confused

I was mind mumbling. Hope I don't get in trouble by saying that she's way over forty (the age at which all young persons think you come apart). Last week I found out that she snuck out without me and did a 65 meter constant preparing for the Pacific Cup. I think she wants Tanya's record real bad.
Aloha
Bill

Last I heard, Tanya has the female constant record of 70 meters and Mandy has the deepest dive in competition of 65 meters. I'll bet a beer that they both change this year, at least the numbers.
Bill

hi

Yep those depths should change without a doubt.

cheers

Bill, how's Annabel going with her depth diving?

Loopy
Heck, I don't know, I just act as surface safety. Matt (hubby/coach) follows her down and waits at 30M. Sometimes he takes movies. She's on a very 'tight' schedule to build up for Cyprus. Seems to be stronger than her peak of '02 but, she doesn't throw sand at me when she surfaces like last year. Maybe that's cuz we're using a longer rope. On Wed. she made four dives to about 50M, in thirty minutes, varying speed and working on technique. The water is 24C and you can barely see 30M down. Below 20 the viz really opens up. Another s****y workout in paradise.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
I met Annabel last year in Hawaii, she did her competition dive straight after me, we both dived the same depth. She was really nice and a what a kick arse freediver.

I know that the US womens team were playing it safe so she was diving way below her limits. Think Cyprus might be different as it's not team based, think there will definitley be some records set...
Think the leash is coming off for quite a few people ;)

Go Annabel !

Cheers,
Wal

Reactions: donmoore and loopy
Age.....

:cool:
This seems the right thread to mention I embarrassed two lifeguards yesterday who swam out to 'rescue' me.
I was having a grand time doing a long distance swim!
When I reached the break for re-entry (or exit, if you will) I had my eye on the flags so I wouldn't 'tresspass' into the surfers' area.
Greeted the 2 lifeguards and casually said 'hi guys'.....when I realized they were out there for me!
---'You've got to be kidding!'
"Well, ma'am we couldn't see too well what with the sun in out eyes and we just want to be sure...."
I thanked them, after all, they do a great job.....but were their faces red!
:cool:

"It's not the years, it's the mileage."

Last edited:
By the way, Bill, how is Annabell! Keep us posted, and wish her a Happy Grandparent's Day! Same to your dad! ;)

Ocean Swimmer
Thanks for the kind thoughts. September is a great time of year and Bel, Matt and I have birthdays in a two week period. Except for a few Jellyfish, the diving is super and the open ocean water has been pushing in with the tides. Last week you could drop to 50 feet and see Bel turn at 230. Today the temperature was 79 below 200. Poor Matt has to work hard but Bel has been busy qualifying and I managed to slip in a few personal bests.
If you don't know about the excitement coming up, then check out
www.freediving.us and/or http://usaa.freedivers.com
Matt just updated them. Today she did two trips to 150 feet without fins, one froggie and one free for target practice.
Aloha
Bill
P.S. Sorry I missed your message but it's this darn proliferation of polls.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT