• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to become an underwater fine art model?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lil Dragonfly

Jun 14, 2009
I am considering switching from underwater pin-up modeling to underwater fine art modeling for two reasons: 1. Most pin-up photographers refuse to work with me ("You're a very beautiful girl but your look is too tasteful") 2. I am tired of dealing with the creepy fans.

What are my options? Will I be able to work for myself? I'm assuming that my customers will be less creepy...right? Is there anything else I need to know?

I am at a loss how to differentiate between the different titles, both are largely associated with sex appeal being the focus. I assume your goal "tasteful" is to create underwater art, is that correct? What is the ideal market for your type of art? My only suggestion to lose the bad crowd is to make the art less about you ie, less fine detail, leave more to the imagination, find what people who enjoy art look for (composition, color, message). Good luck with your pursuits, it looks challenging.

Reactions: Bernie
I am at a loss how to differentiate between the different titles, both are largely associated with sex appeal being the focus. I assume your goal "tasteful" is to create underwater art, is that correct? What is the ideal market for your type of art? My only suggestion to lose the bad crowd is to make the art less about you ie, less fine detail, leave more to the imagination, find what people who enjoy art look for (composition, color, message). Good luck with your pursuits, it looks challenging.
Fine art, yes, for fine art fans. TY for the suggestion.

I can't afford to hire a professional photographer consistently and I don't have any close trusted friends who live near me who can take the pics. Would photographing myself using a tripod/gopro/selfie stick work for fine art photos? (I'm not sure what the quality of the pics will be if I use one.)

Underwater photography is the process of taking photographs while under water. It is usually Underwater photography can also be categorised as an art form and a Those commonly seen in use are the models for which stock underwater The first is to get the camera as close to the photographic subject as possible.
my account access

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT