• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to do the best static?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tzuiop

Feb 6, 2002
I have been doing freediving trainings for about 5 months.
I would like to know what is your technique before and under a good static apnea.What is in your head,how can you relax your body and mind?Just write about your best and worst experiences.

This is my story.

Before I did my best, I was 3 hours in a warm water(because I tried to teach my friend to swim) and after I swim about 15 *25m dynamic with 30 s restand a few longer(50m)dynamic, then I went to the warm water because I was shivering After a little rest in the warm water I started to do the static part of my training
static : rest
30s : 45s
45s : 1 m
1m : 1,15m ....
2.30m:
a longer(about 4-5 minute) rest
I did a 4.28 m static : 4-5 minute rest
and I did the 5.37 m static(PB)

In this static I was very relaxed,I closed my eyes and the messages,signs were come very soon( time ran very fast in my mind) after the 5 minute sign I started to think about to come up because my prevous PB was 4.35m. I didn't feel any abdomanal moves and I came up with a calm smile on my face and I thought its enough to this time, because I had no enough experience to decide could I spend more time under water.

(sorry about my poor english)

static

When I did my PB 5'05" (dry) static, it was like this:

rest : hold

5min : 2min30s
3min : 3min 30s
4min : 4min
6min : 5min05s (contractions 3min31s ->)

Rest times are not so exact. No special breath-ups, 2-3 deep inhale/exhales before hold. When holding, I almost fall asleep until contractions start, then I usually try to think anything else but time and relax as much as possible, and still concentrate. It's different with different people. I'm with my eyes closed, maybe opening them when coming closer to end point. But I'm not a master, just training on it. So it might be some other routine will work better even with myself.

Juha

sometimes when the contractions hit hard it is hard not to concentrate on anything else but them, then I usually just try to do something, like play with a pencil and so "take" my mind off the contractions that makes static easier for me..

timing

Aloha tzuiop

Your PB is very close to mine and your schedule is too. I've done a lot of experimenting with the timing and I'd like to make one comment. After a 4 1/2 minute static, it seems to work better (for maximum time) if I allow 2 minutes to get back to normal, plus 5 minutes of rest.

Bill

P.S. Your English is easy to understand.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT