• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to Kill A Cobia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by rigdvr
I know, I know....why I dont just stay there then...because I like to piss some of yall off here

...and because we like you, learn from you and are scared of you :blackeye
Salud!
Erik Y.

i really do enjoy most of the people here...even though you have to put up with knuckleheads sometimes, its worth it.;)

Reactions: icarus pacific
Coonass, cobia...it all tastes like chicken. :p

It's been a long while since I've been able to get to where any cobia are, but the best advice I had given to me then has already presented itself here- if you can't brain 'em, string 'em from behind and through. And the gills thing? Definitely the easier way if you're given the chance to get close enough without getting burgered by those damn fins. :blackeye Thing with me was that not getting to see them often, I was mistaking them for sharks in the haze, at least until everyone else started popping them. Then I woke up. :eek: Then my riding rig took off... yeeehah.

And hey, you pompous jackasses out there that think the only way to shoot fish is done on breathold, there's a looong line of people waiting to kiss my paid-for, white ass, and you just made senior membership.

As Jay and Iya and Mike have put it, in varying degrees of eloquence :hmm there are times and places where your usual or prefered style isn't going to get the job done, or at the very least be safe. as long as the local regulations permit it and you aren't an idiot about it, 'sall good. Just don't overcook it.

Reactions: mjacobs
Originally posted by Murat
simple dude, you will call Erik to shoot them for yarofl rofl

:duh
You first Murat! How about I be your surface support/spotter? Maybe I'd pick up a bi-valve or a starfish at best....nothing that could fight back!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Originally posted by gxdoyle
I hope if I come all the way back to Indo there will be the chance for some ayam kampung as well as fish ;)

How about ayam Jakarta? Bandung's even better.... mmm, choklat :p
Maybe Iya will take you to CJ's, Club Tigapuluh, or even Stadium (yikes).
Just remember, when jumping out of a plane use a parachute, therefore.... :mute hati-hati
Hari yang baik Pak,
Erik Y.
ps, nobody should need the above translated!

best way to learn is through trial and error..except with PCs...and girlfriends :D

Gee.....this is one hell of a popular post..:D

Kapiten Rig, let's see the rig riding rig of yours. I have seen once before on photo, maybe yours is different ?

I wish we have amberjacks the size u guys got in USA.....

IYA

Is this the fish you shot Iya?

;)
Erik Y.

Attachments

• 5551bigfish21-med[1].jpg
    5551bigfish21-med[1].jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 326
Reactions: Murat
Originally posted by icarus pacific
That's a nice little bit of fertilizer there. :yack

What was your carp recipe Sven?
Erik Y.

Originally posted by Erik
What was that recipe, Svenaldo? :yack

This is a special one handed down for generations, so it might be a bit off, but:

1) Dig a hole slightly larger than the carp, next to the rose bush.
2) Put the carp in the hole.
3) Cover with the moved dirt and tamp well.

The roses will love you, the river that that pig came out of will love you, and the local female population will simply gush when you roll up with the roses fed from the aforementioned fish. :chatup Hey, it works.

Reactions: Erik
Originally posted by Erik
How about ayam Jakarta? Bandung's even better.... mmm, choklat :p
Maybe Iya will take you to CJ's, Club Tigapuluh, or even Stadium (yikes).

Yah - i lived in Jakarta for 5 years and more than once went to Stadium on friday night after work and then straight to work from there on monday morning.

the nice thing about stadium is the little rooms to take a rest on the top floor - even have showers!

Damn I miss that city - but the only reason i am still alive is that I don't live there anymore!

No way, that must be a photo-shop-ed carp.....!!!! I don't think it will ever go that big....must be Mutant-X generation......:D

Seriously, is that a real size ??

I think it's a fake. The guy holding it looks too comfortable for the weight that the fish would have to be.
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT