• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to make your floatline..?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Looks smooth :hmm

How'd you stretch it safely to get the parachute cord inside?

Hey Fuzz,

Up late man?? My tube is bigger than yours (genetics):D . What I did was use a wet vac (that's with a v not a b) to suck a thin fishing line through. I then taped the norprene to mom's mail box(my yard does not have enough area to stretch the norprene out), tied the parachute chord to the fishing line and pulled it through. Then comes the fun part...first I prayed...then I had my brother in law (or was it my son) hold the other end of the tubing while I stretched it as far as I can. I think I put the whole 100' of parachute cord in that tubing or maybe more, then I got this round aluminum rod I prefabricated with ribs tied the ends of the parachute cords into them and shoved them into the tubing, lashed stainless steel wire around the tubing and taped it with rubber tape. And that's it I think. Does it look good?

Last edited:
Oops I lied..lol...now I remember right! I assembled one end first, anchored it to the same mail box and then stretched it as far as it would go. I remember doing it this way so that I strength tested it while assembling the whole thing.

Last edited:
smooth indeed.

While I'm usually using a bungie floater along with a regular floater due to the weight, the care you took with the ends is evident. I'd have liked to have seen shrink wrap over the ends, butt otherwise, it looks very good.

BTW... your handle went out yesterday a.m. Muchos.

yay for the handle...now I need to get someone to weld me together an aluminum piece for my gun

Heat shrink..heat shrink..why didn't I think of heat shrink oh well next time

Thinking of a way to get the parachute cord in there other than stretching it a ton (& risking some serious injury) :blackeye After seeing a friend have a swivel whizz by his head at a bajillion miles per hour, I don't think I want to leave it to chance...

Looking at the below diagram, when pulling the parachute cord, what if you tied the fishing line to not only the loose end, but also the middle loop (basically tie the fishing line to the 2 red areas on drawing)? If properly measured, that'd give 3 lengths of line when pulled all the way through! Should be perfect for this application & you could always pull some of the excess out of one end if you perhaps only wanted 2.5 lengths of line inside...

:hmm

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 443
Pull the parachute cord through first, maybe 75 feet of the cord or just deal with the short end if you get about a foot of the it through. Then assemble that end and and anchor it to a sturgy object. A mail box post is good...ahem..sorry to those of you who are mailmen. After you anchor it...just keep pulling on the other end of the tubing (it's about 50 feet away, I think you can dodge anything thrown from 50 feet) until you get as much of the cord as you can into the tubing. Then assemble that end and you're done. The worst thing that could happen is that it will come off the post and you will be putting a hole through your fence (in my case mom's) about the size of your frame when you uncontrollably do a rapid reversal with the tubing still at hand. Not the first time you got caught playing with the hose :duh Then you can send pictures so that we can have some laughs in the forum.rofl . Goodluck man. Hey dude about this weekend, you are the expert in these parts, where are we going to try out this dive kayak?? Pismo??? noottt.

Last edited:
i don't think 3 lengths will fit in the tubing Fuzz...maybe one and a half..unless you can find a smaller diameter cord.

I just looked up Dyneema and it says world's strongest fiber. Where do I get some Fuzz?

Florida Freedivers carries it - I have some for you to test.

It's basically spectra with a light nylon sheath. Good stuff.

Hey Fuzz,

You know what? While thinking about it, pulling three lenghts of cord in the tube at one time is not a bad idea. I think it might just work!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT