• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to mount the line on a cressi pneumatic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Søren

Corydoras Sterbai
Mar 19, 2006
Well the title says it all, actually.
How should I mount the monofilament on a cressi sl pneumatic, or should I mount woven nylon instead of mono?
Please send pics or details:head
Søren

woven or monoline makes no big difference: the only difference is that on monoline knots won't work and you'll have to make loops with metal sleeves on it. Whaterever you use, tie one end to the slide ring of the shaft (the ring must be "trapped" between the spear tip and the spear's "tail"), and one end to the muzzle (there is a hole to do that in the muzzle). Cut it long enough for two or three loops. Sorry no pics. Ask again if my explanation doesn't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan
What length is it, and for shooting what? Ever thought mounting a reel?

Well the length is not deicided yet. Hopefully I'll be shooting mullet and flatties - maybe a trout. I actually have a spare reel. That would make a lot of things easier.
The gun is 100 cm/3ft ca.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT