• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to take a full inhale?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

barnesjohn

Mar 27, 2021
I’m practicing dry breath holds (both CO2 and O2 tables, alternating each day). Been at it for about 7 months, with goal of improving general fitness and running capacity. No plan to actually dive. During my breathe up on the final inhale I am sometimes able to take a full breath, where it feels as though lungs and muscles relax an instant after full inhale. Other times that final, relaxing pause never comes and body feels more tense throughout the hold. I’ve tried tinkering with several variables, such as a few second pause after exhale before final breath in and altering speed of final inhale. However, I can’t seem to isolate what allows me to have a satisfyingly full inhale vs. a more strained feeling. Any idea what accounts for the difference?
Thanks!

Could it be the position you're in when taking your breath? e.g. lying down vs sitting in a chair, or..
Overall I'm not sure either, but I hope someone can chime in to help you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT