• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to upload pictures to the forum

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Magpie

Apprentice old git
Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
To attach pictures to a post scroll down from the text window and click on the "manage attachments" button.

A new window will then pop up, if it doesn't, check for a yellow bar at the top of Internet Explorer browsers or look at the setting of any pop-up blockers you have installed.

In the new window click on one of the "Choose" buttons and browse to where you have the picture saved on your computer. You can attach up to 5 pictures to each message using the 5 "Choose" boxes. When you have selected all your pictures click "upload" and wait for the pictures to be loaded.

Then close the attachments window and post your message as usual.

If this does not work it is likely that your pictures are too large. Pictures must be less than 50mb (which its highly unlikely they exceed) and must be less than 1024 pixels in height and width. To check the size of your pictures select the picture having browsed to it through "My Computer" and it should show you the size when you hover over it or in the bar at the bottom of the window.

If your picture is too large you need to use a picture editor or manager to reduce it to the permitted size. Almost all pc's have "Paint" installed which will do the job. Browse to your saved picture from My Computer and right click on the picture, scroll down to "open with" and then select "Paint".

The pic will now open in the Paint program. On the top toolbar click on "Image" and then scroll down to "Sketch/Skew". In the windows that pops up you can adjust the horizontal and vertical percentages to reduce the size of your picture (make sure you reduce both by the same % or your picture will be out of proportion). The percentage you need to reduce the picture by to meet the size limits can be calculated according to your camera. For 7mp camera's try 20-25% and for 3pm camera's try 50-60%.

Once you have reduced the size you can see how big the picture is by going back to "Image" on the toolbar and selecting "Attributes". This window will show you the horizontal and vertical size of your picture in pixels. Once you have both dimensions below 1024 pixels your picture is the right size, if its is above 1024 go back to the "Stretch/Skew" and reduce the percentage a bit more.

All you need to do now is save your edited picture and upload it as described above. It is far more complicated to explain than it is to actually do it, honest!

The attached screenshots show the location of the buttons mentioned on DeeperBlue and an illustration of the steps needed to reduce picture size using Paint.

Attachments

• Paintresize.jpg
    Paintresize.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 308
  • DBattachment1.jpg
    DBattachment1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to attach any photos today and am not sure why. I've been posting photos on here for years and my account says that I have pletny of space. My internet connection appears to be good- I can navigate betwen pages in normal time. I've tried to upload some new photos in two sperate forums today and neither would take. actually, I just got tired of waiting as it was taking a LONG time and nothing was happening.

Is something down or being worked on today?

Jon

On the post that deserves the rep click on the weighing scales in the top right hand corner. There you can add the rep and a short comment.

To view who has left you rep click on "User CP" in the upper left side of any DB forum page. That will show you your last 5 rep comments and who left them. Unfortaunely you can't see any more than your last 5 comments.

Hope that helps mate.

Last edited:
The amount or rep depends on the rep of the person giving it. You get one point for every hundred rep points the giver has. I have 1400 rep points so if i give you rep you'll get 14 points. If you give rep to me I'll get 1 rep point cause you're rep is only 100. Clear as mud. I'm going to rep your post and your total which is now 96 will become 110 'cause I will have given you 14 points. Moral of the story is if you creep around the oldy high rep members you'll get higher rep yourself.

Dave

And one more thing I've just noticed, if you click on the scales on one of your own posts it shows you the rep comments you have received for that specific post, but not who left the comment.

clear as mud,hehe,thank you magpie & old man dave for your info,been wondering about that for e-ons

Reactions: Magpie
Hey alright, still finding it difficult to upload a picture. I figured I'd just click on the insert image button and that would be it but it gives me an option of temporarily allowing scripted windows, which I allow, then theres nothing more....
Not sure where the manage attactments button is as you say...
Hopefully you can help me as I'm a little slow when it comes to computers and keen to show off my catches.....
many thanks si

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT