• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hummm! boring in here with out diving!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

what will you normally do if you can not dive?

• Buy lots of gear.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Dry statics.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Get to the gym, run and all that!

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Work or study a bit more (Yeah right!)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Get a girlfriend (boyfriend)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Play with your snorkel...

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Watch "the big blue" 200 times.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Something else.

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Dallasdiver is sending me a copy of the "Big Blue" so I can watch it 200 times... I've always felt a bit left out when other freedivers start quoting line on line from the Big blue, and I can't keep up... ;)

Thanks Dallasdiver!
Aaron

PS. Freefloat, you're nuts! Anyone who would dive in water temps below 50F must be borderline insane :cool: ;)

I would've taken some pics when Jurgen or Freefloat and I were diving this winter, but my fingers were frozen:duh

Originally posted by flyboy748
Freefloat, you're nuts! Anyone who would dive in water temps below 50F must be borderline insane :cool: ;)

Hehehe..... I seem to hear that a lot.............

Yes I was diving in water with temps down to 32°F. All winter. Mostly scuba divers, but as Aaron mentioned, at least a day's worth of freediving in there..........

More likely I will have more chances to freedive locally as the weather warms up since 1) I can be geared up and freediving in a shorter amount of time than it takes me on scuba, and 2) although it's actually backwards froma safety standpoint, if I find myself having to solo dive, I would rather solo freedive than solo scuba.... I find there's les stigma attached to solo freediving at least around where I live. (actually I suspect I am the only freediver in my town...........

Reactions: Pablo
Hiya gang

Must admit, we are very spoilt here in Cape Town, can pretty much dive year thru, on different sides of the Cape Point.

But, if I'm not diving, love to play with parachutes, do a lot of paragliding at coastal sites.
Here's a pic taken by my 'foot-mounted' camera, flying over an old steam train over the Southern Cape ocean.
Thought you may find the shot interesting.

Cheers

jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo
the option "play with someone else's snorkel" wasn't in the poll options :(

Swim ... carefully.
Or check out k10k.net for Wulffmorgenthaler cartoons ...

Last edited:
Originally posted by island_sands
the option "play with someone else's snorkel" wasn't in the poll options :(
LOL rofl but "Thats a girl thing!"

Or is it? :hmm

*giggle*

i dunno.. some guys do it all the time! the worst offenders are those who play with snorkels the office.

god i hate those.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT