• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hunting

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wheee ... that's a MONSTER 'hoo .:king
Makes me happy to know there are brutes like that out there just waiting ...;)

welcome back A...hope it snows like hell this week in Colorodo you lucky s.o.b.:D

recent hunt

OKAY! Nabbed by the fuzz! Are you a cop? How did you get the name on the photo anyway? I kinda like IYA'S idea.
Sorry for the poor image quality but used a cheap camera, Fiji
(not Fuji) processing, and an old scanner. For comparison, I'm
6'2'' and 200lbs. I do believe the fish was underweight for his
length.I've shot bigger ones but they were vaporised in feeding
frenzies!
There is an interesting little story about this fish though:
My Fijian boatman arrived late very bleary eyed that morning. I'm
thinking that is what heavy kava does and I hope he doesn't fall
asleep if I need the boat. Anyway, I was using my small 13'tinny
with 25h.p.Yamaha and after a little extra pounding( no slowing
down for the guy in the bow) on the way to a seamount the Fijian
bowman starts to wake up. Upon arrival, I lift the tarp and realise
that he has forgotten my boogie board float. SHIT! I envision
tying my boatman to the 100' float-line but realise he can't swim.
(maybe that is a good idea afterall)
To make a long story short: I used an old broken-down kapok
boat cushion/straps for my float. I think it acted more like a
parachute or sea anchor than a float( a possible idea for rigging a
boogie,etc.). I did get a decent shot on the doggie and the cushion surfaced about 5 minutes later. The fish sure felt heavier
than 37.5 kg(82.5 lbs.) when I hauled him up from depth w/o a
float to hold on to or shark clip the float line to. My Fijian boatman
had a smile almost as big as mine!

Nice story :)

Gotta love that kava, tastes like medicine, but love the buzz :D

Yes you are talking about the same place where i get my giant wahoo picture.Unfortunatelly this internet cafe monitors are sh*t and cause spasm in eyes so cant help about the link :(

Oh i didn`t see you already get the picture but there is another picture of this wahoo and one another fish in front of it which seems bigger than wahoo:p

Holy crap! Is that a hoo or is that a small neuclear sub that he speared? I didnt know that those torpedos with teeth even got that big. Damn! That is a nice fish unirdna. All i can say is that i hope you fed the neghborhood cause that is enough food for the whole year!:confused:

Aquiles

Also happy B lated B day rig!

Last edited:
hi

Thats a damn big hoo. I reckon a 400m surface swim chasing after the float. :D

cheers

hold up guys...I hate to tell you(sure Uni hates for me to do this:t ) but that hoo was caught on rod and reel in Mexico...he imported the pic for me when I saw it on a site.(I am computer illiterate) Damn thing is HUGE though. Some people were doubting its size but those who have delt with hoo's before will note the extreme girth on that fish...it is a monster:cool:

rofl

(Not that I do, but) If I had the brass-ones to pull the trigger on a fish that big it would be the fish standing next to me, as I dangle from my ankles.

Thanks for clearing that up rig ;). I swear I would have done it :hmm, but you beat me to the post ;)

I have not seen wahoo or heard that they got to 90kg's that is one huge fish, and would do some serious running if you had to shoot that thing. I have heard of specimens around 50kg's

My biggest wahoo is 34 kg's and that took my Buoy under for at least 10 minutes, and eventually found it halfway out to sea about 1,5 Km out to sea on a shore dive, had to do some serious swimming back though

Cheers
Ian

Speaking of Wahoo-
We are headed to the Lumps in Louisina in June, so I decided to check out the site of our Charter: Xtreme Fisching Charters, if anyone has a chance check out there Photo Gallery. It has plenty of freediving photos of monster fish. I can't help out with any stories, but these pics are great.

http://www.rodnreel.com/xtreme/

In particular, pay close attention to the pictues for 1/21-1/22/02. Pretty insane diving.

matt

hi

your crazy to be diving out at them lumps, ive heard some pretty mad stories about them.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT