• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I am going to Yucatan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Peter123

Feb 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am going to Yucatan in December this year. I already searched the internet and of course the forum looking for the best spots to freedive/ snorcel.

I suffer a while now to equalize my sinuses. So diveing down is not always that easy.

Are there any cenotes you can recommand where you dont need to dive down deep or some bad as deep tunnels you can swim at the surface?

Thanks in advance
Peter

Akumal bay is shallow and a good spot with turtles and reefs

Casa Cenote near Tulum is very nice for snorkelers or freedivers. Not deep, but very clear, 80-90 ft vis when we were there, and lots of interesting stuff to see, swim thrus, wild life, etc..

Its well known, you can google it, so is crowded. If you want it to yourself, go early and at an off time. I suspect the the tides have a big effect on visibility. I'd go at high or incoming near high tide. Google tides for Tulum should get you what you need.

Casa Cenote near Tulum is very nice for snorkelers or freedivers. Not deep, but very clear, 80-90 ft vis when we were there, and lots of interesting stuff to see, swim thrus, wild life, etc..

Its well known, you can google it, so is crowded. If you want it to yourself, go early and at an off time. I suspect the the tides have a big effect on visibility. I'd go at high or incoming near high tide. Google tides for Tulum should get you what you need.
Wow. That one looks realy nice. I should be there as early as possible.

Thanks for the reply so far. But I will be in Yucatan at highseason.

Any not tourist spots would be very welcome too.

Puerto morales has a nice reef.

Cenotes everywhere!

Valladolid has a public swimming pool cenote in the town center - pretty good but there are a couple outside of Valladolid that are underground and not busy.

I didn't go to Holbox but heard it was good.

I went to Isla Mujeres and good snorkeling.

It's a great place!

I am now near to Valladolid and been already in Tulum. I realy disliked the crowded/ commercial Cenotes. Freediving is sometimes not allowed. Fins are not allowed.

I found a realy nice one between Tulum and Valladolid.

We have been alone and price was ~60 pesos.

Cenote Muul ichi Ts'ono'ot
San Juan de Dios, Quintana Roo, Mexiko
https://goo.gl/maps/HMdknZMKbXw

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT