• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I wanna shoot carp!!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
When i was a kid and the water was very polluted here we had an old recipe for carp.
It was pretty good.

One large carp cured in brown sugar
smoke for 10 hours on a hickory board
remove carp and eat the board

Re: Traditional Norwegian Food

Vectra said:
Rakfisk - dead trout put in a bucket to rot (tastes like rotten fish marinated in diesel)

Wow, where do I line up?
:yack
Unbelievable. Now I don't feel so bad that my wife ate my pigeon :t

Old thread here, but still funny.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Carp is my favorite fish for eating! It has excelent taste, not dry like f.e. salmon, not without taste like trout.
Also on christmas here (Slovak republic, Czech republic) is the traditional food.
There can be only problem with taste, when carp is living in marish (uliginose, miry) water. When carp is cultivated on farms, several weeks before consuming they are moved from fish pond to special fishpond with cold and clear water to clean up meat, to remove uliginose taste of meat.
Best weight fo eating is 2,5 - 3,5 kg - not much small bones and not old meat.
There is also possible to smother uliginose taste by right receipe. There are tenths receipes. If you are interested on them, just tell me, I wil translate some of them to english.
Some of the easiest receipe:
Clear carp (clear slivers) , pull them and tear out dorsal fin. Take stemer, infuse oil. Take carp, wash in cold water, than wipe dry. Then use spice (f.e.cumin, red paprika dust,...) and salt and crush down from outside and inside. Put carp to stemer and stemer put to cooking tube and bake.
Excelent food, mnam :)

We had some tossa introduce Carp in Australia for some totally stupid reason which i dont know and now they are runing some of our rivers and displacing the native fish
If you want a holiday shooting Carp came over, hell some of the farmers will most likely pay you, you can eat them if you are that way enclined or just turn them into pet food of fertilizer as we do.
Come on down and kill em All
And while you are hear find the Tossa that introduced them and put a round into him as well ( even if you have to dig him up )

Crusty

My dad has an old family recipe for carp. Here goes -

Catch a carp. Put it between two shingles and tie them together. Wrap it in burlap. Dig a hole in the hot sun and bury it for two weeks. Dig it up after two weeks. Take off the burlap. Throw away the carp and eat the shingles.

Reactions: Naim
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT