• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IAFD fins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pezman

We pee deep. Ew!
Sep 24, 2002
I was surprised to find that Pipin's web site has some life in it.

He's marketing the following fins:
http://www.iafdusa.com/FDP/fins.html

Anyone know anything about them? The price seems pretty good. If the footpockets are decent, these blades might be worth grabbing for he footpockets alone.

Whow ! Finally "European" pricing here in the USA ?

Carbon fins for $200, and regular SporaSubs for about $60 ?
All that and you don't have to pay $50-$70 for shipping from Europe ?

Sweet !

Reactions: sammydive
How cool is that!

Thanks for the link - that's way cheaper than anywhere.

I was checking out the site, and the fins that look like the Sporas are similar to the Sporasub Elite, but I find these blades too soft (3mm)....the Sporasub Elite Pro have 4 mm thick blades, and are longer too (72 cm vs 68cm).

Just things to consider when buying ''similar'' products as the Sporas.

Cheers

Roberto

NOT

Ordered some fins from this site. Got a confirmation with a contact number immediately. Thought better of my sizing and called the number - disconnected. Tried several times from various phones - disconnected. Emailed the contact addy - no reply. Emailed the addy on Pippin's main site. No reply. Called the # on the main site - no answer. Sent several emails to both addys - no replies. Payment has not posted.

Not good.

Reactions: Pezman
That sucks Fondueset. Buyer beware.... Read some history on the salesman ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Too good to be ..

I'm hoping the site is either abandoned or not really up yet. Also emailed the payment provider. Probably go back and check out the garas at the local dive shop again. :) Now that I've educated myself about FD fins a bit more.

Teach me to be impulsive:naughty

Fondue (it's really hard to call you that), are you in Canada? OMER gear is available at a good discount as there is no retail distributor up here. Let me know,
Erik Y.

Diary free

Name is Chris - not canada - northern lower michigan. The quest for a truly unique online identifier..

Coming up on the end of the season here. It's been a cold one! I need fins that are pretty sturdy - some sacrifice of performance in that direction is fine - plus alot of surface cruising to get anywhere remotely interesting.

Fin sizing makes me nervous - which I why I think it's real important to have a vendor that communicates :head

I've looked at the Omer's - they seem about in the $100 neighborhood with the other entry level freediving fins. If you know of any great places to buy I'm certainly open.

If you lived in Canada, you could order directly from the manufacturer and get a much better price than any of the online shops. I would suggest the DBlue (scubastore) shop as I've had excellent service from them more than once.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Chris,

The garas are extremely durable (personal experiance) but if you are going to be doing lots of surface swimming, consider sporasub "dessaults", the angled blade is much better on the surface. They should be in the same price range. Several friends have their plastic blades and swear by them. Mine have specialfin blades but with the same angle, you would like it. The sizing should be very similar to omers. There is lots of info in various threads on this subject, try the search function. My luck with the DB store has also been excellent.

Connor

Last question - spora sizing

Okay, with a 3mil sock.

I wear a size 11 us. My dacor longblades are 44-45 and fit fine (no sock). But I have a pair of USD passports 45-47 which are too small. The gara's I tried were 44-46 I believe - and seemed snug - bug longblade fins need to be so I'd have to get in the water to see if it's a problem. I think as long as the pockets are fairly wide I'll be okay. Looks like the decision with the sporas is 44-46 or 46-48.

Any thoughts? I think I'll get them here as they've a glowing rep and prices are competitive after shipping.

I wear fins barefoot, size 10 1/2-11 shoe. Gara 44-45 are slightly loose and spora 42-44 are slightly tight, both quite wearable. I start needing a nylon sock about day 3 of a dive trip. Can't even guess what that translates to with socks or booties on.

Connor

Done

ordered the sporas and a nice pair of 3mm socks from scubastore. competitive pricing - esp with more than one item, and impreccable credentials :)

Thanks for your help everybody. With the 'community for the chronicly submerged' this has got to be one of the most helpful websites on the planet.

Follow up

A bit late, but received this today.

"Dear Christopher:
The company has been closed since last year, and due to reorganization at the moment we don't carry any merchandise for sale. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you
Pipin Productions Management Dept."

At least I now know the site wasn't spoofed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT