• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IANTD Freediver Program

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freediver48

Apr 5, 2001
Hi,

Does anyone on the list have experience with the
IANDT freediver training program?
A brief write-up follows.

"Snorkeling, Open Water Free Diver, Advanced Free Diver, and Master Free Diver

A. Purpose

1. The objective of these courses are to train individuals in the benefits, hazards, and proper procedures for entry level snorkeling or skin diving up through advanced and master free diving.

B. Prerequisites

NOTE: Consent of a legal guardian must be given for training anyone under 18 years of age in an IANTD Free Diving program

1. Snorkeling

a. Minimum age of 6.

b. Competent swimming skill.

2. Open Water Free Diver

a. Minimum age of 9 for Junior Open Water Free Diver or 16 for Open Water Free Diver certification.

b. Competent swimming skills.

c. IANTD Snorkeler / Skin Diver or equivalent experience.

3. Advanced Free Diver

a. Minimum age of 12 for Junior Advanced Free Diver Free Diver or 16 for Advanced Open Water Free Diver certification.

c. IANTD Open Water Free Diver or equivalent.

4. Master Free Diver

a. Minimum age of 16 years (16 with written consent of legal guardian).

c. IANTD Advanced Free Diver or equivalent.

C. Texts

For Snorkeling or Open Water Free Diver:

1. IANTD Open Water Free Diver Student Manual and Workbook or equivalent text(s) approved in writing by the Board of Directors (written approval will be issued by IAND, Inc./IANTD World Headquarters).

Or, For Advanced or Master Free Diver:

2. IANTD Advanced & Master Free Diver Student Manual and Workbook or equivalent text(s) approved in writing by the Board of Directors (written approval will be issued by IAND, Inc./IANTD World Headquarters).

D. Program Content

1. Complete all theory in the IANTD Open Water Free Diver Student Manual and Workbook or the IANTD Advanced & Master Free Diver Student Manual and Workbook.

2. Complete the written exam with a minimum score of 80%.

3. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of free diving.

E. Equipment Requirements

1. Follow the equipment requirements in Appendix 2 for the appropriate program.

F. Program Limits

1. Follow the program limits in Appendix 2 for the appropriate program.

G. Waterskills Development.

1. Fulfill all waterskills development Standards in Appendix 2 for the appropriate program."

Thanks,

FD48

Last edited:
Didn't Kirk write all of that stuff for them?

Does anyone teach it besides Divetech on Cayman?

Jon

For anyone interested, I am currently taking a PDIC Extended Range Freediving Course with Trace Malin. He is in Virginia Beach, Va. and his website is http://hometown.aol.com/tracemalin/ For any of you from the East Coast, that picture was taken at Dutch Springs.
The course takes a weekend and is very thorough. I live about an hr away from Dutch, so if anybody is interested in diving there this summer, let me know.
Jim

Last edited:
We have a program for anyone interested in St.Thomas. I'm also looking for input on how our shop can better serve the traveling freedivers out there. I know y'all have definite opinions!!!!! Give me your input!!!! www.antillesdiving.com or e-mail freedive@antillesdiving.com

All help is appreciated to better help us serve you!!!!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT