• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

II Ecuatorian Olimpic Festival

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
These are the results of a Freediving competition in Ecuator:

Female Static Apnea:
1)Natalia Fernandez (Colombia): 6'21"
2)Veronica Maruri (Ecuador): 4'38"
3)Claudia Arevalo (Colombia): 4'04"

Male Static Apnea:
1)Karl Pernett (Colombia): 7'25"
2)Eliseo Guerrero (Colombia): 5'44"
3)Daniel Gomez (Colombia): 5'26"

Female Dynamic without fins
1)Katty Macias (Ecuador): 100 meters
2)Paola Chavez (Ecuador): 80 meters
3)Claudia Arevalo: 70 meters

Male Dynamic without fins
1)Freddy Toledo (Ecuador):107 meters
2)Jacinto Argudo (Ecuador): 100 meters
3)Karl Pernett (Colombia): 94 meters

Female Dynamic with fins
1)Veronica Maruri (Ecuador): 127 meters
2)Katty Macias (Ecuador): 127 meters
3)Gilda Rivadeneira (Ecuador):112 meters

Male Dynamic with fins
1)Osfdward Grajales (Colombia): 141 meters
2)Karl Pernett (Colombia): 138 meters
3)Daniel Gomez (Colombia):117 meters

Wow! Awesome numbers.
Congratulations to the winners,
Erik Y.

Unbelievable numbers!

We all know Karl (and expect big numbers from him), but Natalia and Katty both tied the unofficial women's records with 6'21" and 100m (no-fins) !! And the 6'21" is the longest ever female static in a competition, the second best being a distant 6'06" by Mandy.

And two girls at 127m in dynamic -- rare and amazing.

Congratulations!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Saludos Frank..and Karl. nice to know about the Ecuatorian Olimpic festival....

keep on going with this

Congratulation to all ,,,

I also want to take this oportunity to say that there is a cuban girl Rosibel that now is living in thampa florida --- that she did 105 m dinamic not fins in cuba - she need somebody to help her about how to (Reconocer) her record

saludos

Daniel.

Last edited:
Where was the comp Frank? Quito or Guayacan?
Erik Y.

Hi Erik,
It was in Salinas, a city in the coast near to Guayaquil.
I was amazed also for the excellent performances.

Hope next time I could assist, but now my job is taking all my time :(

Hasta la vista

Daniel,
Yes you are right in fact Rosibel helped Katty to get the 100 meters mark. But she made that mark there in Ecuador.

competencia

in fact Rosibel helped Katty to get the 100 meters mark. But she made that mark there in Ecuador.

Hi ..Frank .. Now I a litle confuse here ..is katty from ecuador or cuban?? did katty go to cuba for training ??

well saludos

Daniel.

Amazing stats.

Are Columbia and Ecuador sending teams to Vancouver?

Hi Daniel,
Rosibel was living in Ecuador and helped Katty(Ecuatorian) with the technique to have that performance.

Hi Pezman,
Here is a sad history. As far as I know Ecuador is planning to send people to Canada, but because they are from the Federation and AIDA competitions are not "official" Competitions is very hard to get resources, hope they can make it.
My brother that is the best in Colombia, has an ugly problem with AIDA Colombia, and the other competitors are from the Colombian Federation, so maybe they will not make the team to Canada.
This is very sad, I think the only reason to assist a World Championship is to be the best, but it seems that politics and personal interests play a role at this moment.
My brother is organizing a competition true the Colombian federation and we will see if it's possible to send a team from the Colombian Federation

Frank,

If things don't work out for AIDA Colombia politics, you should still enquire about sending a team to Vancouver. Although it wouldn't 'officially' be the AIDA Colombia team, it would still be great to have you and your teammates here in Vancouver with those great numbers! :) Send an email to the organizers to ask about sending a non-national team at worlds_info@freedivecanada.com.

Hope to see you and your brother in Vancouver!

Peter
Vancouver, BC

Frank,

Is it visa stuff or money? Maybe having a fund-raiser of some sort would work. Another idea might be sponsorships.

Also, assistance can probably be gotten in the form of having someone host team members while in Vancouver (i.e. stay in someone's house). That would limit the expense to travel and food. At any rate, no better network for this than DB.

Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere Vancouver, or I'd be happy to have some folks stay at my house. If the world championships are ever in Philadelphia, then mi casa es su casa ;) (Hopefully I got that right).

Reactions: fpernett
hi

Well done to all athletes totally awsome :cool:

frank I hope Karl can make it to vancouver I think he will place really well, best of luck

cheers

new cuban freediver

There is a song from Pablo milanes that say "El tiempo pasa y nos vamos poniendo viejo" the time is running fast and we are getting old

This is the case of freediving in cuba we only know about Pipin -Deborah

but I have a good new from cuba

this new people are from cuba they were in a swimming team

In this picture from left to rigth--- Rosible 105 m not fins - their trainer - the other guy he is new freediving and he did 90 m not fin and the last guy did 140 m not fin when the record by that time was 120 m - all of them belong to a cuban swimming team
________

Hay una cancion de pablo milanes que dice "El tiempo pasa y nos vamos poniendo viejo" este es el caso del freediving en cuba donde solo conocemos a Pipin o deborah

pero hay nuevas noticias- en la foto siguiente de isquierda a derecha -- Rosibel 105 m not fins-- su entrenador- el otro muchaho nuevo en el freediving logro 90 m not fins- y el ultimo de la derecha 140 m cuando el record era para aquel entonces de 120 m

Last edited:
Hi Pete
That's a good solution, We'll make contact with orgaizers. I hope to be in Vancouver too.
Pez,
That is what I call, the freediver style, I appreciate your words and your offer, maybe in 2008 championships in Philadelphia, I can stay at your home. You spell it very well.
Ivan
Andrew,
Yes I hope too

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT