• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I'm back!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SAFishShooter

Waiting for Summer!!!
May 28, 2002
Hi All

Long time no speak. Was a bit busy with rugby and other stuff.
I went camping at TietiesBay this weekend. The weather was supposed to be Ok untill Sunday. Got there on Friday night and set up our tents. Weather was OK. Went to bed at 11 and woke up on Saturday morning with the wind blowing and the rain pouring. We were sitting in the tents and freezing for a while. Then it started to rain into the tent. We decided to pack up and drive back. I went for a quick dive before we left. The water was quite clean. About 5m vis and also warmer than normal.(13.5 degrees Celcius).Saw 3 crayfish sitting around but our season is still closed. Didn't see any fish. Not even a mullet or rock fish. Was the wierdest thing. No life in the water at all. It sucked. Was like being in a marine desert.

Our crayfish season starts around 24 November. Can't wait for that. The summer is starting here. The diving sucked the whole winter. We had some of the worst weather ever. The only time the weather was good for diving I was up in Johannesburg.
On a few other occasions I had to play rugby on Satuday and was to sore on Sundays to dive. My season ended early because of a injury. I was selected for the Western Province Disas. (Our 4'th Provinacial Side) I was realy amped for it but then just after the trials and first practice I got a stress fracture in my left leg. Had to sit out for 10 weeks. Now I am so unfit that I am hard put to stay under for a minute. I will have to do some cardio on a bike since I am not allowed to jog yet.

Thats all for now.

Cheers Reinier

Renier
You should come to the Beach camp about 3 km nort and still in Cape Columbine Nature reserve. I live here and had the best winter in years. Diving is great. Tietiesbaai is a desert at its best. I cannot even go down in the shallows without seeing more than 3 crays
call me @ 0829262267 will give weather report any time and show you some spots. info@ratrace.co.za www.ratrace.co.za
Hannes

Reactions: donmoore
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT